Electro Cute'S Sliders

electro_cute

i know the season is at it's end. i also know that many guys that like realistic gameplay still haven't found a set of sliders that suits their style.

the thing about mlb2k10 sliders is that there are no "right" sliders, there are no sliders that work for every person, there isn't a set that produces realistic stats for everyone. i haven't found a realistic set for my style of play (and i've tried everything), so i've developed my own set. i hope someone else will try it and see if this set suits his or hers style of play.

settings

ok, i'm not playing with active bullpen, and i'm not playing with cactcher's suggestions. i have pitcher's fatigue at 45.

IMPORTANT: are you frustrated with dumb pitching changes. me too! what do i do? i change control of the team when opposing pitcher runs in the trouble and when he would be pulled out in a real game situation. it's clumsy, but it's the best workaround i've found to this problem. no more 5 innings pitched with a bullpen guy. just remember to put a well rested guy, and to do a change that opposing manager would do in rl. NO CHEATING! (even though it's hard to resist).

IMPORTANT: batting camera. argh. there isn't one i really like and i'd like to leave this to your personal preference but... i've found that i can see the rotation of the ball only when i'm zoomed real close in batting camera one (batter). i've set it at zoom 9, height 8. you can use any pitching camera you like (i use them depending of the stadium), but if you're having problem with control switch to batting view (batter 2, zoom 1 height 5). cursor is smaller and it gives you better control.

IMPORTANT: no strike zones! can't have a realistic expirience with strike zones, can you?

anyway, here are the sliders:

1. batting (hum/cpu)

40/45

60/100

35/35

35/35

notes: power seems a little high compared to other slider sets? yeah, could be, i'll explain why later. if you find you're getting too many hits or hitting too many xbh don't touch this slider!

2. pitching (hum/cpu)

100/70

60/45

50/40

notes: putting ai pitch sucess in the 70, and dropping composure influence to 40 you're making pitchers tough to hit. this means less xbh, less hits and less crazy 6 to 7 run rallies. if you're not getting enough hits increase composure by 5. if you're hitting too many hr's increase ai sucess to 75. you can set the pitch speed to any speed you like, i find this the best one to see the spin on the ball.

3. fielding (hum/cpu)

40/40

notes: fielder's are too fast? maybe. but with 35 infielders are too slow, they don't hustle and they allow slow grounders to get outside of the infield. i'm not happy with this slider, but it's better than before, imho.

4. running:

60/80

0/100

55/30

-/75

notes: running speed is high so that you can break double plays and be agressive on the basepaths. pickoff is set to 0 but you can still pick people off, and they'll pick you off with a higher rate than normal. you'll probably steal 75 to 89 percent of your bases, i'd like to drop this number down so i'll probably increase throw out sucess but i haven't tried this before.

STATS: these sliders were tested through 23 games. here are the stats (averages):

ab - 33,2 hits - 9,2 runs 4,6 bb taken - 3,9 strikeouts - 8,7 (i'm too agressive) stolen bases: 1,1 2b - 1,2 hr - 1 avg - .277 obp - .379 opposing hits - 8,2 era - 3,6 (way too low), bb thrown 2,1 k - 7,1 opp avg - .267 pitch count (hum pitch) - 106,3

my super duper red sox team (year 2012):

crawford (free agency) pedroia, ortiz, youk, martinez, snider (took 7 mil off jd drew + couple of prospects, a bit unfair), scutaro, beltre, baker, salty, iglesias, kalish

pitching: lester, greinke (gave half of my farm for him, bowden, anderson, lackey with 3 mil sallary), beckett, matsuzaka, bucholz

bullpen: d-train, francisco (both free agency, both below 80), delcarmen, wakefield, bard, pap

so crawford + ellsbury explain stolen bases, and the team is underproducing right now in terms of ops and xbh :) nevertheless i find these sliders interesting, they give me variety of plays, and stats are normal, more or less. i'd like to cut down number of double plays (around 3), increase number of doubles and increase pitch coun (opp pitchers are around 140, and that's ok).

so there you go. i hope someone will try them out. sorry for my bad english. enjoy the rest of the season! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Its about time i found sliders that i love these made the game so much more fun i have to learn how to pitch to be effective. i'm playing as the Nats and they played the Phils the first game of my Franchisr. I was losing going into the 5th innn when i tied it but my pitching let me down. I have work to do now at pitching. again these are great

Archived