2K10 Crashing ... Even After Reinstall

keithj

I was modding a stadium with 2K10 open as I always have in the past and 2K10 crashed on me. Ever since that crash, it now keeps crashing on me during gameplay. The video locks up and the audio goes into a loop. I have unistalled the game, manually deleted all the folders, and then reinstalled it into a different folder (no mods) and it is still crashing on me during gameplay. Anyone else encounter anything like this? None of the other games I play seem to be effected. Its only MLB 2K10 that now keeps crashing on me. I even installed the most recent version of DirectX hoping that would solve it and it didn't.

Did you delete the cache from the Application Data folder, or the equivalent under your OS? Just thinking that 2K might still have the file that caused the crash in its cache. Pure guess, but worth checking.

I was going to take a stab in the dark and suggest this as well.

Cache folder in the following: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\Major League Baseball 2K10\Cache

I made sure the Cache folder was completely deleted after uninstalling. I uninstalled, checked the folder, rebooted, and then did a clean install. I'm absolutely baffled at what could be causing this. I'll probably update my video drivers tomorrow. Maybe it somehow corrupted something there when it crashed.

Archived