Olympic Stadium WIP

The Big O

I just thought I would give you an update on my progress. I finshed up the scoreboard and here is what it looks like:

mvp2004_2004-05-07_01-55-30-46.jpg

The Molson ads are a little blurry, but I do have a hi-res image of the right one just not the left one so I decided to make them match. However, if someone can get me a hi-res pic of the left Molson ad, I will put the clearer ones in.

Superb start my friend, very impressive.

I have that same picture (large ad of molson on top + 2 molson on the sides) of the view of the scoreboard from digitalballparks.com but I think they changed it this year. They like to change it every year, and that's from last year. I don't know yet since I didn't go. But I like these ads, and they give a definite montreal feel anyway.

Great work on the scoreboard, and imho, i don't think the left molson looks blury.

One question: the xpos banner (left) is that from the game (original) or did you find a better one? Because I hate the one EA put in.

Keep it up, excellent.

It all depends on the time I have to work on it and how late I want to stay up :D My fiancee hasn't been too thrilled with me working on these mods and wants a little more QT but the Paypal donations kinda justify the idea a little better to her (think wedding fund $) hence the addition of the request to my latest Oriole Park mod's readme. Hopefully I can get it done in the next few weeks.

but the Paypal donations kinda justify the idea a little better to her

Paypal, now there's an idea, hmm... :p

Your time spent is definitly worth paypal... I wouldn't mind someone buying me a couple of beers here & there..

Btw: watching the expos right now on tv (at the Big O) and the scoreboard is the same as last year, exactly as shown on your screenshot.

phewww...

Well a whole bunch of stuff...

A LOT of of OEdit work, it seems EA decided to use ads to make the whole facade of the upper deck so I have to reassign a facade texture to the ads I don't need I think- unless they are just placed over the upper deck facade. I also have to develop a texture for that Fieldturf, replace some ads, replace the side scoreboards, etc.

In other words it's gonna take some time, but the finished product will be worth the wait!

A LOT of of OEdit work, it seems EA decided to use ads to make the whole facade of the upper deck so I have to reassign a facade texture to the ads I don't need I think- unless they are just placed over the upper deck facade. I also have to develop a texture for that Fieldturf, replace some ads, replace the side scoreboards, etc.

In other words it's gonna take some time, but the finished product will be worth the wait!

I'm glad you're putting the effort into it. Take your time.

Wanted to ask you: Do you plan to make the luxury box (behind the batter) since you're making/moving textures?

Also do you plan on making the rotating ads behind the batter? (right underneath the luxury box).

EA left this whole space blank, would be nice to see something close to realistic there.

Thanks B.

Can't wait to see the final product! I saw your early screenshot of the main scoreboard with all the correct ads and it looks fabulous! Can you release an early beta version with just this update or the one already done so far? I would really appreciate this!! But if you want to wait until it's all done to release it, It's ok I will understand ;)

Thx again for your hard work!

Can you use animated gifs for this sort of thing? Forgive my ignorance regarding stadium modding.

I believe it's done the same way through oedit, adding textures and editing each texture/ad in the rotation. I've seen a couple of modders do this. I think Renegade's excellent Shea Day has rotating ads (although I may be mistaking).

But it's definitly possible.

Update on Olympic Stadium progress...

I've been able to recreate the box seats behind homeplate using some OEdit work and added the Molson Export rotating ads. I also replaced the side scoreboards and came up with a texture to represent the new FieldTurf. The turf was the hardest because the game "blues" out the turf texture. I had to color the turf orange to come up with something close to the correct color. More work is ahead though, I have to do something about the ads that surround the stadium bowl. You can see some pics below.

mvp2004_2004-05-15_12-34-22-66.jpg

mvp2004_2004-05-15_12-35-38-16.jpg

mvp2004_2004-05-15_12-43-05-57.jpg

mvp2004_2004-05-15_12-36-56-44.jpg

Update on Olympic Stadium progress...

I've been able to recreate the box seats behind homeplate using some OEdit work and added the Molson Export rotating ads. I also replaced the side scoreboards and came up with a texture to represent the new FieldTurf.

Absolutly stunning, thanks for working hard and adding the box seat ads, (and also for keeping us up to date). Marvelous.

This is already on par with the Oriole Park (which I love).

For the turf, I see your problem with the color, might need to add a texture there (gra2 & gra3) to give it that look. ie: gra2 & gra3 could be the same texture but with a different shade of green. Or blend in your own mix of grass textures. I still think what you did with the grass looks already 5 times better than Ea's artificial turf, no question about it.

Can't wait to see the ads you're going to mod.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived