Anyone pitched a no hitter?

squeegeedeadly

My question to you guys, who have pitched no-hitters and one hitters is what level of difficulty are you guys doing that on, and what sliders to make the game very difficult do you guys reccomend (I know that no one knows what the slider specs for 2005 will be)...Do any of you guys find that 2004 was ever too EASY? Or are there plenty of ways to increase difficulty?

I've done a lot of tweaking over the past year to get the game to my liking. I believe I'm using KamaSutra's Level 3 tweaks (w/ one of RodKey's pitching meters integrated), Kerm's special Opening Day rosters, All-Star level and sliders that have been tweaked to my liking over time.

I felt that I was getting too much offense and not giving up enough runs about 6 weeks into my season, so I decreased my offensive sliders while increasing the CPU's offensive sliders. The scores of my last 10 games (since tweaking my sliders)

L 5-4

W 2-1

L 2-1

L 3-2

L 6-5

W 4-0

L 9-5

W 3-1

W 2-0

L 9-1

So, as you can see some varied games and a 4-6 record over the past 10 (about where the Pirates should be).

My overall stats for the first 2 months of the season:

Record: 30-22

Runs Scored: 231

Runs Allowed: 221

Team Batting Average: .276

HR's 77 (Both BA and HR a little high prior to the recent slider adjustment)

SB's: 47 (I'm very aggressive on the basepaths)

Team ERA: 3.93

So, in posting these facts I'm just trying to show that , YES the game can be tweaked to be easier or more difficult to your liking as long as you're willing to invest some time to find the data file, rosters, and sliders that work for you!

I threw a no hitter with Jeremy Bonderman on All-Star sliders, going up against Johan Santana who was doing the same until the 8th when I got solo shot from Dimitri Young.

I got up cheering like I would if it were a real game :lol:

Had bad luck hitting the entire way, pop flys, grounders, deep jacks foiled by diving catches, and the nasty artilery of Johan.

The last out was right at the wall run down by mags.

Best game I have ever played against the CPU. The Twins won the rest in that series

:x

Twice I have taken perfect games into the seventh- once with Carl Pavano (in his White Sox debut!) and once with Mark Buehrle. Both times, they were broken up by a home run.

Pavano went on to give up five runs in his seventh (I had a comfortable lead). Buehrle only allowed one more hit- an infield single.

In my first month of my dynasty with the expos i tried a few sliders settings with level 3 tweak on allstar but i went 2-22. Now in May i'm 5-5 and i use endeavor's sliders on Pro with no datafile tweaks.

1. Congrats on your no-no (specially with the expos, been there myself)

2. Playing as the expos dynasty is not easy at all. Level 3 tweak (I suppose you mean from the combo datafile mod) + AllStar is meant to make the game harder if you find it too easy.

Since you went 2-22 with the expos on level 3, I suggest level 2 on AllStar with your personal sliders.. That way you keep the custom cameras & adjusted ball physics & animations etc without making the game too easy or too hard. Try it out for 5-10 games to get a good idea.

Just my 2 cents

Archived