Anyone pitched a no hitter?

squeegeedeadly

I have had a ton of one or two hitters. But I have only pitched two no-hitters, both perfect games, one with Barry Zito and one with PAY-dro Martinez.

I think the game does have some sort of thing that avoids no-hitters. I regularly go into the third or fourth with a no-no before the computer's bats start waking up.

I pitched a one hit game last evening with Tomo Ohka. The only hit i gave was to the pitcher in the second inning and it was because the damn game selected the 3rd baseman instead of the shortstop on an easy grounder :(

Did you really have to make your avatar into a whole film reel? :roll:

Perfect game once w/ Kip Wells in an exhibition game, but never one in dynasty. Heck, I've only had 1 shutout so far in my current dynasty (2 months into the season).

I've seen something similar to what cartersyard mentioned, my 1 - 3 pitchers really get knocked around where my 4 & 5 pitchers seem to be my most reliable.

My rotation:

1) Kris Benson - 5.65 ERA

2) Kip Wells - 4.21 ERA

3) Ollie Perez - 5.26 ERA

4) Miguel Asencio - 3.37 ERA

5) Josh Fogg - 3.49 ERA

Kip Wells was over 5 ERA as well until he went 8 2/3 shutout innings two outings ago. I've noticed that my 1 - 3 pitchers will usually cruise until the 4th or 5th inning when the flood-gates seem to open. I don't know if it's built into the game or just mental.

Perfect game once w/ Kip Wells in an exhibition game, but never one in dynasty. Heck, I've only had 1 shutout so far in my current dynasty (2 months into the season).

I've seen something similar to what cartersyard mentioned, my 1 - 3 pitchers really get knocked around where my 4 & 5 pitchers seem to be my most reliable.

My rotation:

1) Kris Benson - 5.65 ERA

2) Kip Wells - 4.21 ERA

3) Ollie Perez - 5.26 ERA

4) Miguel Asencio - 3.37 ERA

5) Josh Fogg - 3.49 ERA

Kip Wells was over 5 ERA as well until he went 8 2/3 shutout innings two outings ago. I've noticed that my 1 - 3 pitchers will usually cruise until the 4th or 5th inning when the flood-gates seem to open. I don't know if it's built into the game or just mental.

I must admit that your rotation numbers are promising to me, because as I have mentioned before, I am totally new to the MVP series, and the last thing I want is a game where I am posting sub 2.00 Eras with the Pirate staff (no offense).... My question to you guys, who have pitched no-hitters and one hitters is what level of difficulty are you guys doing that on, and what sliders to make the game very difficult do you guys reccomend (I know that no one knows what the slider specs for 2005 will be)...Do any of you guys find that 2004 was ever too EASY? Or are there plenty of ways to increase difficulty?

Thanks

In my first month of my dynasty with the expos i tried a few sliders settings with level 3 tweak on allstar but i went 2-22. Now in May i'm 5-5 and i use endeavor's sliders on Pro with no datafile tweaks.

Livan Hernandez 0-4 5.98 32SO

Zach Day 1-5 6.95 20SO

Tomo Ohka 1-5 4.07 16SO

Claudio Vargas 1-4 8.47 14SO

John Patterson 1-5 3.53 17SO

http://mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Forums&a...ghlight=sliders

In my first month of my dynasty with the expos i tried a few sliders settings with level 3 tweak on allstar but i went 2-22. Now in May i'm 5-5 and i use endeavor's sliders on Pro with no datafile tweaks.

Livan Hernandez 0-4 5.98 32SO

Zach Day 1-5 6.95 20SO

Tomo Ohka 1-5 4.07 16SO

Claudio Vargas 1-4 8.47 14SO

John Patterson 1-5 3.53 17SO

http://mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Forums&a...ghlight=sliders

I think that sort of answers my question, because I am sure pretty much all of you are better gamers than I, so it sounds like I won't have any trouble making this game a challenge for me

Archived