11 members have voted

1. 1.

• Topps
    • Donruss
    • Upper Deck
    • Fleer
    • Leaf
    • Ultra

I can't really vote. Fleer, Ultra and Topps are the one's I have the most of, but I haven't collected in 2 years now. I have a lot of cards, but it depends what you're looking for, accessibility would Topps, cause Topps is everywere. Leaf and Ultra are the eye candy cards, they look the best, and Fleer is a close second. Donruss is old school, you'll find some really good old Donruss cards, and Upper Deck is your basic cards.

I think Ultra is the best bet, I vote Ultra. :mrgreen:

I've always liked Upper Deck, but Topps and Donruss are classics.

I've been thinking about starting collecting them again (yes, I'm 27, but for the first time in ages I'm really feeling passionate about baseball again), but today's prices are really incredible.

I've always liked Upper Deck, but Topps and Donruss are classics.

I've been thinking about starting collecting them again (yes, I'm 27, but for the first time in ages I'm really feeling passionate about baseball again), but today's prices are really incredible.

I'm a big collector and I too am 27...The key to todays collecting is either get something that is graded, or spend the extra money on a special box with some autos, or game worn jerseys, and you have instant equity in your investment....Usually yeah, you'll by a box for $75-$100, but within that box odds are good you will find one card that will be valued at $60-$70, and boom with the commons that can be valued at $1-$5, and the other special cards within the box that could be valued at $15-$20 if not more, you've made out pretty well...

Ah I see. What's the story with eTopps? What is that all about?

eTopps are a valuable card in the sense that there are only x-number in circulation, and they are a really good looking card...Pretty much every company now makes a circulation card, which are called "numbered"...

The complicated thing with cards now though is lets say, since we were discussing him today you have a 2002 Eric Byrnes Bowman Signature, there will also be a 2002 Eric Byrnes Bowman Chrome Signature (value increases), then a 2002 Eric Byrnes Bowman Chrome Signature Refractor (increases in value), then a 2002 Eric Byrnes Bowman Chrome Signature Refractor Black or Red (again, increasing the value)....They are the same card but with different specs on it

qpontiac,

Thanks for replying. What you mention is very interesting and makes a lot of sense.

What's the best place to buy boxes, of say, Topps, Donruss and Ultra? Toys'R'us?

Stay as far away from those places as possible...they have crap!!! You need to go to Card Shops, or Beckett.com, or even Ebay...1st step is buying a Beckett, and finding a box that you like, and you can get it...Another great site is www.thepit.com......It is like a New York Stock Exchange on trading cards, that is where a list my graded cards from time to time

Geez! there are so many different ones or variations of the same kind... it's confusing, hahaha.

I'm browsing the Beckett.com website right now. I'll try to see any previews of boxes they could be selling.

Thanks for your help... and please, if you have any suggestions, feel free to post them in this thread.

I love Mystique. The other good one's I know are REALLY old school and probably don't sell anywere anymore.

That my friend is why God created eBay...

Also H, is you are going to buy graded DO NOT buy any grading company other than BGS (Beckett) or PSA, and if you get PSA only get graded 10 cards...BGS is the toughest cards grader, and a BGS 9.5 or 9.0 is what you want to get there, BGS 10.0 are pretty much impossible, as in thePit.com just finally listed their first BGS 10 card last week

Archived