Mlb2K11 Pc Version Using 360 Controller

tks

2k11 supports the vibration feature on the 360 Windows controller....However, when playing some games it does not work.

Can anyone using this controller tell me if there is something in the game menu or on the controller itself that I should look into to be sure the vibration feature is activated?

Hm. I am using the xbox 360 wireless controller and it vibrates fine. Does your game recognize the controller (ie on the controller options page does it say xbox 360 controller, and display xbox icons)? If it does, then the only thing I can think of is low battery. The controller doesn't seem to vibrate for any game if battery is low.

JM...

I should have stated, I'm using the wired version....Game does recognize the 360 controller... In the beginning the vibration worked fine but recently no vibration. Everything else with the contoller works as it should.

Not a major issue but just curious on why suddenly there is no vibration....Kinda fun to have it vibrate when the pitcher gets in trouble and when you hit a homer.

I unplugged the controller and reinstalled in the game but still no vibration.

Other than that no problem with the controller or the game....Oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes.

JM...

I should have stated, I'm using the wired version....Game does recognize the 360 controller... In the beginning the vibration worked fine but recently no vibration. Everything else with the contoller works as it should.

Not a major issue but just curious on why suddenly there is no vibration....Kinda fun to have it vibrate when the pitcher gets in trouble and when you hit a homer.

I unplugged the controller and reinstalled in the game but still no vibration.

Other than that no problem with the controller or the game....Oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes.

I'm using this same wired controller and have played over 60 games with no loss of vibration...seems like they fixed that from last year...I don't think it vibrated at all in MLB2K10 (for PC) even though it was supposed to (and was crucial to stealing bases). I didn't have to do anything special, first time I loaded up the game, it knew I had an XBOX 360 controller. By the way, this year they even included the overlay for the actual XBOX 360 buttons instead of the generic A/B/C/D like last year...HOWEVER, when fielding, the screen STILL shows "B3" to climb the wall, and "B5" to throw to the cutoff man. Neither of these buttons exists, and even the manual says it's "X" to climb the wall, and "left bumper" to throw to the cutoff man...really wish they would fix those on-screen.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using the black 360 controller for windows, wireless but the reciever plugs into the USB port on my laptop. I don't get any vibration. Does anyone else have this same problem using this controller. I see no option in the game to cut vibration on or off. I was wondering if it was in the PC game.

I'm using the black 360 controller for windows, wireless but the reciever plugs into the USB port on my laptop. I don't get any vibration. Does anyone else have this same problem using this controller. I see no option in the game to cut vibration on or off. I was wondering if it was in the PC game.

I get the vibration with the wired xbox 360 controller

Also,I was searching the .iff files for the button overlays...I found the XBOX buttons but no B3 or B5...if anyone can locate these, it would be pretty simple to edit them to graphics for X and LB. Although I admit I was looking for helmet files and just happened to see the XBOX overlay, so I wasn't searching too hard.

Edit: By the way, I confirmed (in My Player mode) that X is indeed the WALL CLIMB button, I actually robbed someone of a homer by using X, and got 100 skill points for "WALL CATCH".

those buttons are in the gamedata iff

The mod tool doesn't always import textures into this file cleanly though.

I changed the opacity of the landing circles with some success but haven't tried doing the buttons yet.

Archived