Same Modding Questions

RallyThong

Hi guys, I just wanted to introduce myself before I launched into all the questions I have about modding MLB 2k11. I've been playing this series since MLB 2k6 but this is my first time playing on the PC. I realized the modding potential of the game so I really wanted to see what I could do. I've been modding for a long time on other games. I'm on the dev team at SimRacing Design working on mods for NASCAR Racing 2003 Season and have also worked on texture updates for Star Trek: Bridge Commander. I hold a BS in Graphic Design from The Art Institute of California - SF and this sort of thing is what got me interested in graphics. Anyway, I have a few questions about modding the game that I would love to have answered to get me more familiar with the way this game is modded and what is possible.

- Is there a trick to opening the stadiums in order to edit the textures? I've opened, for example, AT&T Park in the mod tool but as I scroll through the list of files, all I see is a flag with the MLB logo, some sort of firework texture and a few other random things, but for the most part everything shows up blank. No ads or park textures.

- Is it possible to assign a portrait to the My Player and/or Created Players instead of the computer generated face they are given now? I would love to place my own portrait in that place. If so, how would that be done?

- Also, is it possible to edit the player face for My Player/Created Player? Again, it'd be awesome to create a face map of my own face to add to the player to really give it my likeness. I see all of the player face files in the game folder but I have no idea how anybody determines which one is which player.

I've done one small mod, if you can even call it that. Everything I've seen either in games or online gets one thing wrong about the Giants' alternate uniforms: they always give them the orange billed caps. This isn't correct, as they wear the normal black billed caps with the orange uniforms. The only time they wear the orange billed caps is on Sundays. Anyway, all I did was swap the hat textures from the regular home uniform into the alternate uni's file and presto: accurate hat bill color. I wonder if it'd be possible to make 2 new versions of the home and away unis with the orange billed cap to be used during Sunday games...?

Well, I think that's all my questions for now. I'm really looking forward to getting the hang of the tools for this game and getting some really cool stuff created for it.

Edit: if someone could edit my thread title: that should read "Some Modding Questions"

will these are ? were all still working no answers right now. we know some the stuff is doable right now like some things with uniforms and the parks, the other i dont know about. there some issues still being worked with what can be done on uniforms that if you read the threads of modding under 2k11 you see what going on. therea few parks up i know were modded but haven't seen exactly what was changed in trows yet. were kind just starting to fidure a lot of this out right now. the game only been out about 10 days, so modding still a work right now, as there are small some changes from last year, that hlaf to be resolved, and new clues wer picking up on right. wonce throws are figured out we'll know what can be done exactly.

Okay, sounds good. Glad I'm not coming in way behind the rest then. Can any of the guys who have modded the parks tell if that is the same process? If so, is there inf act something I'm missing when opening the stadium file? I really want to get AT&T Park totally accurate since that's like my home away from home I feel I could do a great job on it.

if u are using the mod tool open up a stadium file and scroll down on the tool to #12.U should see a seat.Under where it says subfile u should see DDS:0.Click on the down arrow and u should be able to scroll down thru the files to find ads etc

Archived