Raley Field (Sacramento Rivercats)

dennisjames71

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: Raley Field (Sacramento Rivercats)

File Submitter: dennisjames71

File Submitted: 07 Apr 2011

File Category: Stadiums

Version: 1.0

Here is an interpretation of the stadium for the AAA-affiliate of the Oakland A's. Correct ads and Oakland A's crowd are included in this Day version.

This stadium is named 'bushday' along with the datafile.txt. You will need to rename the stadium and .txt file to whatever stadium slot you want if you don't want it replacing Busch Stadium.

*Copy the stadium file into you /data/stadium folder.

*Copy the .txt file into the /data folder.

Enjoy!!

Click here to download this file

Hey, dennisjames71! I have lurked in the shadows of this board for years and have admired and appreciated your work from afar. Also noticed that you are a fellow guitar enthusiast. I have been playing since I was 13, but still jamming at 50. Anyway, my question is: Can your CAS Yankee Stadium and Target Field be somehow converted to be able to be played in a dynasty instead of only in Owners Mode? I know that simply renaming the files to overwrite the previous Yankee Stadium and the Metrodome would create a problem with the datafille still being in effect for the ballpark being overwritten. Can you extract the compatible datafile from the CAS mods so then I can overwrite the old stadium, put the datafile in the directory and be able to play in Target Field and New Yankee Stadium this year. It may more complicated to do than my reasoning. Please educate. I will be leaving soon, so I check the board when I can. No rush, no pressure.

Hey Oldtimer, you can use teh CAS in dynasty play, but what you have to do is find them in the stadium select scroll before each game you play. they are there, or rather if i remember correct, one of them is there at a time. first you must create a owners mode game though and gear up you CAS stadium to how you like it. then start a dynasty mode game and when you go to start a onfield game, you have to scroll through the stadium selects until you find it. it wont be named Target field or whichever stadium you want though, it will be something like "owners mode" or something, you select that and which ever one you set up in owners mode will be where you game is played. I did this when i was playing 2010 last season. As the Tigers, i had Target field set up so when i played against those abstards, i could do it in DJs CAS everytime. kinda nice.

Hey, dennisjames71! I have lurked in the shadows of this board for years and have admired and appreciated your work from afar. Also noticed that you are a fellow guitar enthusiast. I have been playing since I was 13, but still jamming at 50. Anyway, my question is: Can your CAS Yankee Stadium and Target Field be somehow converted to be able to be played in a dynasty instead of only in Owners Mode? I know that simply renaming the files to overwrite the previous Yankee Stadium and the Metrodome would create a problem with the datafille still being in effect for the ballpark being overwritten. Can you extract the compatible datafile from the CAS mods so then I can overwrite the old stadium, put the datafile in the directory and be able to play in Target Field and New Yankee Stadium this year. It may more complicated to do than my reasoning. Please educate. I will be leaving soon, so I check the board when I can. No rush, no pressure.

Hey thanks for the comments oldtimey, it's great to meet another guitar nut too. I didn't start until I was 22 (I'm 39 now) and I play any chance I can get. About 3-4 times a year I get up to Northern California to play with one of my best friend's blues/rock band and I've been doing some of those gigs since 2003. Yeah, being a baseball freak, guitars, and surfing are my things.

Well, what Redeck said about the CAS (stadiums) is pretty much spot on and his way of playing a dynasty is an excellent way to do it. The short answer to converting the stadium.big files along with .txt (datafiles) is that it cannot be done. The CAS stadiums are unfortunately completely dependent upon the infomation in your Owner's (saved) file. One of the most obvious things you'll notice is the attendance capacity of your CAS...that will make a huge difference on how the stadium will look like; and that info is all in your owner's file.

So, here's what I decided to do last year when I made these and started a Rays 2010 dynasty.

*I made a duplicate install of my game (you can simply copy and paste your MVP game folder). I named one "MVP Baseball_TWINS" and the other "MVP Baseball_YANKEES".

*I put my CAS of Target Field into Twins and the CAS of Yankee Stadium into Yankees.

*I created an owner's save file and named it TWINS and adjusted the ballpark configuration to my liking. For example, I don't have the 2 big soda cans and I have the half-sized restaurant in my Target Field. Do the same for Yankees (adjust the stadium and save it).

*When I knew I was going to play the Twins on my schedule...I would click my shortcut for my "Twins-Install"

*Load your Dynasty

*When you get to the Stadium Select screen...scroll to find the Create A Stadium and click "Load Owner". Select "TWINS" (your owner file) and then "Advance" to start the game.

I wish it could have been as easy as just renaming the stadiums; but I found that this wasn't too bad of an idea. Just takes a few extra clicks of the mouse.

Best of luck to you and let me know if you're having any other problems. :good:

Thank you, redeck and dennisjames 71 for responding. I appreciate letting me know to go about playing with the stadiums. I'll consider all that you both have taken the time to explain. I was just hoping that I could just sllide them into the spot occupied by the old parks, like what was done for Nationals Park, New Busch, and Citi Field. Maybe I'll check out the stadium tutorial (though I am extremely graphically-challenged) and see if I can pull it off my sellf before I am due to play in Minnesota or New York. Then, again another few games at the HomerDome might not be that bad. Thanks again.

Side not to dennisjames71: I have a classic rock and blues band here in the Chicago area that is on hiatus right now because my drummer had a stroke. His name happens to be DJ. We are facing the decision now on whether to replace him or wait it out. Our band is a family, so taking the stage with someone else on drums seems incomprehensible, but he is not doing well. But it also doesn't seem right to just quit the best time I have ever had playing music. But he was part of the reason we had such a good time. Would appreciate your prayers.

Archived