Do I Need To Mod My Settings?

GoldSox

I took the plunge and bought this game for my laptop. After installing last night, I fired up my first game and the gameplay stuttered pretty badly. Could be that I forgot to close Lightroom 2, that my wife was using to edit photography before starting, but it might be related to my specs. Can one of you folks in the know look at my specs and give me an idea about whether this should be running smoothly on my machine? I need to buy a controller for my laptop, but if my machine can't handle the game, I would rather not incur that additional expense and will probably just return the game...

Processor: AMD Phenom™ II

Processor Speed: 2.5GHz

System Memory (RAM): 6GB

Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I'm kind of a novice on computers, so let me know if you need additional specs.

Thanks in advance.

Your RAM and processor is just fine for the game. Your video card, on paper should run the game decently, however, as with any laptop video card; the memory can get disproportionately shared with other resources. Yes, I would definitely close Lightroom (or other Adobe software) and other programs while playing. You're not going to be able to max out the resolution to anything like 1900x1200 so make sure you're trying it at something like 1024x768 and work backwards. Also, you might want to tweak the settings on you video card while in Windows. Your card will do Shader 4.0 but you might want to adjust that along with the Anti-Aliasing and other settings <try lowering them>.

If you lower the resolution and all the other eye candy in the game and it's stil unplayable; I would then return it.

Good luck to you.

Archived