Whatever Happened To The Baseball Talk In Here?

Yankee4Life

I've been a long time member here, in fact since the start of it all in February of '04. And I have seen this site grow by the day and I've seen many good people come here and leave. Times change, people move on, they get interested in other games or other things. Completely understandable. Like everything else, this site has changed over the years. Some good changes, some bad. Most of the new people who join up now are only here for the 2k11 or 2k10 mods. That's just fine as far as I am concerned. Because we still have a loyal following of Mvp users here who continue to enjoy that game and the mods that go with it.

But whatever happened to the baseball talk in here? Where did it go? Why aren't there threads discussing what goes on in baseball anymore? My God, when we first started this site and for the first few years of it we had just as much baseball talk threads as compared to threads about the game. They'd bring up everything. Does Rose belong in the Hall? Do you like the DH? Do you like Interleague play? Yes or no? And why?

But all you see these days (not counting the threads that announce the newest mods) are threads mostly (but certainly not all) by the 2k crowd posting problems they have with their game. Most of their problems can be solved by doing a little personal research. And the Mvp people do the same thing. Look, I am not saying that the people years ago didn't have these questions. They did. Those guys back then had roster problems, cyberface problems and game crashing problems. The same questions I see now are questions I have seen in the past during this site's heyday.

Here it is, the 29th of April and not one topic has been brought up in the Press Pass area. The last post in there was made back on March 3rd. Three things have happened this month that would have made some good topics for conversation in here. First, when Manny Ramirez got caught again with PED's and instead of serving his 100 game suspension, he retired. No thread. Second, when Barry Bonds was found guilty of obstruction of justice in a federal court. Again, that would have made a good thread. Did he take steroids or not? No? Why not? Hey, you think he's going to jail? Finally, last week Commissioner Dipshit made an announcement that he wanted to expand the playoff system starting in 2012 to include more teams. Is this a good idea or what? What do you mean you like it? Selig is out of his mind, get rid of him. Sadly this was not brought up in here either. I don't know why. I didn't start any of these topics because I was sitting back and observing to see if anyone else noticed this happening besides me. I did talk to one guy about this and he did see it too, but I won't bring his name into this. I brought it up and if people want to get mad at me for doing so, so be it.

To me, the baseball talk in here is just as important as the game we own. The only thing the people have years ago over the current group of regulars that frequent this site is that they talked baseball. There are still a lot of talented people here and a lot of good people that come here every day. I can probably name at least 30 of them right now without too much effort. But it takes an entire community to come in and talk about baseball. That's what generates more discussion and then more topics. That's what we had before and that's what I miss about Mvpmods. It just seems that people are too interested in coming in here to have someone solve their gaming problem and when it's solved they leave without so much a thank you. And that's too bad.

I just want to get back to baseball.

Believe it or not, I get on this site at least 15 times a day. Most of the time I am too busy creating my own special leagues using teams from the past. I then spend an hour a day playing my created dynasties. I for one am tired of the spoiled rotten millionaire ballplayers and therefore I don't really care too much for todays game. That is why I spend time watching old world series games and such on the MLB network. Unfortunately Y4L todays gamers don't have the same interest in talking baseball like we used to do. When I was in High school during study hall we would talk about how best to pitch and defend against Clemente, killebrew, Mays etc. Young people don't do that kind of thing today. If EA ever would come out with another PC game I think you would see it again. Maybe.

It just seems that people are too interested in coming in here to have someone solve their gaming problem and when it's solved they leave without so much a thank you. And that's too bad.

I just want to get back to baseball.

I notice alot of this as well. If your lucky you get a thank you for helping, put most times your left wondering if the guy ever got it to work.

I will talk baseball with you everyday Y4L, If i see a topic, or something gets brought up, I will chime in usually. We chewed on teh Manny thing a couple weeks ago in your own random thoughts thread matter of fact. But i will topically not start threads, as I am busy working with my crew.

Go ahead and start some conversations Y4L, if 2k11 dont swamp them under before i see them, i will speak up.

I will talk baseball with you everyday Y4L, If i see a topic, or something gets brought up, I will chime in usually. We chewed on teh Manny thing a couple weeks ago in your own random thoughts thread matter of fact. But i will topically not start threads, as I am busy working with my crew.

Yes we did talk about Manny in the random thoughts thread, but that was a few posts from a few people and then next week's random thoughts was posted and it was forgotten. But what I meant that on a whole, no one said a peep about this. I bet some of these people in here still think Manny is on the Rays and not playing right now because he's hurt.

Go ahead and start some conversations Y4L, if 2k11 dont swamp them under before i see them, i will speak up.

I may now that I have posted about this. But before I never had to. Someone would always beat me to it. I'll tell you redeck, we had some good threads back then. They'd go back and forth, someone would argue with someone else, someone would say something funny, but we'd always talk about the game. These days, well I think 112155 said it best. They don't have the same interest in talking baseball as kids did when they were his age and my age. It just makes me wonder why bother playing the game on your PC when you don't even think about it?

Unfortunately Y4L todays gamers don't have the same interest in talking baseball like we used to do. When I was in High school during study hall we would talk about how best to pitch and defend against Clemente, killebrew, Mays etc. Young people don't do that kind of thing today. If EA ever would come out with another PC game I think you would see it again. Maybe.

This must have changed in a hurry if you know what I mean. We had kids here when this site first started and they talked about the game a lot and had fun doing it. The kids then are probably now college age or out of college and when they were here they were teenagers, just like some of these people are now.

No your right, younger folks dont have teh love for the game, no one plays it anymore, unless its organized and schedualed. kids dont go to the park anymore and start a game with whoever is around like the old days. they havent for years. And its sad.

Now I never even as a kid discussed teh fine points of defending against teh games best players, (in teh 80s) but i did know every player on every team and their batting stance i could imitate.

Im sure some of these guys play the game on teh PC to rack up MVPpoints to unlock the uniforms and stadiums, its all about points in video games man. and to me thats no point at all.

here watch this Y4L, it always makes me feel better, well the music anyway.

you guys are right, i love baseball period, & i always will. l i play mvp and 2k, i love both games period. alot of the sports related incidents with some of today's player's and some of the great player's have really disappointed me and the game. when you here about Barry Bonds possibly going to jail for lying about whether he took the juice or not, or manny continuing his cry baby salute to the hall of shame, it just puts a damper/ another black eye on the game, i hate the negativity that floats around the game now, it's almost worst than the paparazzi...

anyway, for me, i try to remember the good points about baseball, the oooh's and ahhh's sorta speak, the things that made you say WOW, i cant wait to see the next game. i have a live streaming video game channel, i broadcast all kinds of games. my genre that i play mostly obviously is baseball, football, and basketball, along with alot of shooters, and a few rpgs/shooters.

now as that may, im working on something, that might be able to get the community together as a whole, i'm planning on doing Live Franchise Games For Mvp Classic Mods and Mlb 2k11 Current Teams. where as i have full stats and full write up's on all games. the fun in this? well once things are set in place, i'm hoping to have set teams for member's of our site, meaning a sign up sorta speak for those interested. then those ppl could come and watch there team's live in action instead of a sim. with full commentary, the short comings, the almost plays, or he shoulda been out plays, with pictures and stats to match, as i said, im close to getting things going, and once, i'm set to having things set up right, i will post a thread on it, those that are interested, i think will have a blast, and hopfully bring the community even tighter knit.

anyway, i didnt mean to get off topic here, but i spoke my thoughts on the subject and a few plans to try and get some baseball fever/ topics rolling in here once again.

tc fellaz

Storm.

anyway, i didnt mean to get off topic here, but i spoke my thoughts on the subject and a few plans to try and get some baseball fever/ topics rolling in here once again.

You know what? Even though you were kinda off topic with what you posted it still was a nice tie-in to what I was talking about. I liked your idea to generate some baseball talk going. Good luck in what you are trying to do.

Archived