Draft Screws Up Roster; How Do U Bypass?

Strawberry18

Just a question to you strawberry: Are you aware of the fact that skipping draft would mean the you don't get any new young players and after simming or playing some seasons all players will be gone?

I am also aware that it places all kinds of fake names in the minor and major leagues. Last time it screwed up my MLB roster so bad I had to scramble all over the game to put my players back in place. Some, like DJ Carassco were lost permanently!

I am also aware that it places all kinds of fake names in the minor and major leagues. Last time it screwed up my MLB roster so bad I had to scramble all over the game to put my players back in place. Some, like DJ Carassco were lost permanently!

I have only tried this when the franchise set up to have control of all 30 teams. Once its time for the draft it will ask you if you want to sim through it or do it manually. I chose to sim through. After simming it will asks you if you want the cpu to auto-sign draftees or to sign draftees manually. Select to sign them manaully. Once you have done that you can push start and it will ask you if you want to release all currently unsigned players. Select "Yes"...This places all new fake drafted players into Free Agency where you can edit any highly rated fake players down so they wont be signed to a team. This will keep your current rosters in tact; and since you would have to release players to make room for the draft picks you wont be affecting the number of players on teams in the future. Try it out and let me know if this works for you.

Archived