Need Help From Uniform Modders!

DetroitStyle

Hopefully donSpa and Mcoll can help me out with this.

I'm trying to dab a little bit into custom uniform making and it's turning out great so far. Except for one problem:

unledyku.png

When I import the green screen (normal) that I created into the mod tool, it overlaps the original. Kind of like the original was never deleted or overwritten but my import was added on to it. The original has "Jays" across the chest and the maple leaf on the left shoulder. You can see my changes on the right shoulder and "Blue Jays" across the chest". It's strange because then when I export it, it's exactly how I made it. I can't for the life of me figure out how to fix this. It sucks because in game the embossed original shows up overlapping my textures and looks ridiculous. Help?

I have never been able to do the green screens,there are a couple tutorials but i just cant figure them out on how to create them,this is one main area that i wanna learn

It's SUPER easy. Basically you export the .dds and you use the eyedropper to select the green color and then color over what's not on your uniform. Then you take whatever images you want on your uniform and place them on the green screen exactly how it looks on your normal uniform file. Then, while the image you copied over is selected, make it black and white. Then go to stylize>emboss. The default settings should work. Then change the layer property from "normal" to "overlay" and viola! The image is embossed and green within the green screen.

Now you have to go to channels (in the layer window) and go to Alpha 1. Copy and past the image there in the exact position as in the normal RGB channel. also be sure to erase the original image within the alpha.

This is way over simplified but if you know at all what your doing then you should be fine.

I'm actually having major problems having the cap logo center on the hat. Not the batting helmet but the fielding hat. How the heck do you get it to be centered? This is driving me nuts how its about a 1/4 of inch off to the right....

Also, there's a lot of unused logos in the uniform files. Such as the texture where you change the batting helmet logo. There's two of the same logo. The bottom right changes the batting helmet but I have no clue what the one below the number 6 does. I've removed it completely and haven't seen any changes. It's not the base coaches so I don't know what that logo goes to.

Also, there's another texture with the mlb logo and another team logo. Only two images within the texture. Have no idea what those correspond to either.

yeah centering is kinda hit and miss,im not sure what the bigger logo is either,ive changed them deleted them and as u, havnt seen anything changed in game

thnx about the green screens ill have to expierment whenever i get a chance with unis ive allready done

Lean at the NLSC has made a green texture tutorial for NBA 2K11. The principle is the same for MLB 2K11. There are other tutorials that may be helpful on the site dealing with numbers and the NBA/MLB mod tool. JaoSming has a alpha channel tut for GIMP users that is helpful for all.

I've tried making bump maps myself prior to Lean's tutorial. Photoshop users and PSP users prior to version 9 (?) can use the Nvidia normal map filter. I was able to use the SSbump Generator (it's free) and emboss and colorize the image green with some success. PSP, GIMP, Paint.net users can use this tool.

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=81102

http://ssbump-generator.yolasite.com/

http://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

Lean at the NLSC has made a green texture tutorial for NBA 2K11. The principle is the same for MLB 2K11. There are other tutorials that may be helpful on the site dealing with numbers and the NBA/MLB mod tool. JaoSming has a alpha channel tut for GIMP users that is helpful for all.

I've tried making bump maps myself prior to Lean's tutorial. Photoshop users and PSP users prior to version 9 (?) can use the Nvidia normal map filter. I was able to use the SSbump Generator (it's free) and emboss and colorize the image green with some success. PSP, GIMP, Paint.net users can use this tool.

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=81102

http://ssbump-generator.yolasite.com/

http://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

Thanks man. I've been using those forums constantly for awhile now. That's how I even figured out about the Alpha channels. For now I've just been photoshopping and image into the maps and "embossing" it. Everything is pretty much working out great now. I haven't had any issues except for a few textures I, and apparently some other modders, have no clue as to what they do. That and it's insanely aggravating trying to center the hat texture. That one is giving me fits.

ahhh thnx DS it worked,i looked at some of those tuts and got lost my simple mind needs things simple lolololol.For some reason though i found i have to work on the alpha channel first on the green screen then the rgb channel and comes out good.For some reason if i work on the rgb first then i cant copy and paste to the alpha channel

ahhh thnx DS it worked,i looked at some of those tuts and got lost my simple mind needs things simple lolololol.For some reason though i found i have to work on the alpha channel first on the green screen then the rgb channel and comes out good.For some reason if i work on the rgb first then i cant copy and paste to the alpha channel

You can definitely work on both at the same time. For example, say you put an old english D on the Yankees ( :diablo: ) and you want that D in the same exact position on the alpha, then in RBG hold CTR-Left Click so it selects the object and only the object including it's position. Now, while it's still selected, go to the alpha channel and hit CTR-V and boom, pasted in the same exact position. You probably need to hit CTR-SHIFT-I to inverse the selection so you can color in the image in the alpha. Good luck!

By the way, does anyone know how to change the position of FRONT uniform numbers? I haven't seen anything that determines where the numbers show up. Kinda hurts modding older jerseys that have it in different spots lol, 2K's positions are always covering my logos.

Turns out there's a fundamental issue with ALL toronto blue jays uniforms. It turns out the hat logos will NOT center for any uniform. I tried switching out texture files for a different team and it's still not centered. Here's the kicker: if i export the resource from the jays uni to ANY other uni then the logo will center...

What does all this mean? There some type of code deep within the jays uni that works out the location for hat and helmet logos as well as location for numbers and name plates. Which is why you cant really export numbers or names from one team to another. It must have something to do, in nba 2kxx mod tool, with the blank textures that are un-readable. I doubt any editor can fix this but I guess there's no feasable way to fix these locations. So stay away from the jays when making unis because ALL hats and ALL logos used with the jays unis will off center.

Maybe its because the Bluejays are the only team from Canada? I don't know. Try to create an Expos jersey and hat, then see what happens.. J/K :spiteful:

haha! I think it's like this because if you look in the game, the current hat logo for the jays is slightly off center because it's rectangular in shape. Therefore 2K wrote a script to put it slightly off center.

Archived