Portrait Decompress Question ?

gabry

Hi everyone! I have a question about Portrait Decompress Tool. I follow the Video Tutorial and when the program ask the directory where are located the .CAB files, it point at CD/DVD Drive directory. My problem is:i have MLB 2K11 installed By Steam and i DON'T have the DVD of the game....Which is the path of the directory in this case?Maybe a little Tutorial for all the Steam Clients will be appreciate.Thank you for your attention....

You should still be able to utilize the method. I used it for 2k10 last year and had gotten the game off of direct2drive. Steam should be similar. The cab files are usually in the zip files that are included when you download the game data. You may have to unzip them first. I can't remember. I bought the disc for 2k11 so it has been awhile. So you will first need to select the cab files and then the install directory.

You should still be able to utilize the method. I used it for 2k10 last year and had gotten the game off of direct2drive. Steam should be similar. The cab files are usually in the zip files that are included when you download the game data. You may have to unzip them first. I can't remember. I bought the disc for 2k11 so it has been awhile. So you will first need to select the cab files and then the install directory.

Thanks for answer raidersbball20...i made a search:in my MLB2K11 installation(C:\........\Steam\Steamapps\Common\MLB2K11) there is one single folder called "install",and inside a subfolder called "direct x".In the subfolder direct x there are a lot of files compressed(like "apr2005_d3dx9_25_x86"..."aug2007_d3dx9_39_x86"....."bdant"..."bdaxp"...dxsetup..ecc);i think they are for direct x installation....

I have to exctract ALL these files ?? and where ?? in a folder that i create on desktop for example then select this folder directory?or maybe the directory is C\:...MLB2K11\install\directx and i don't need to exctract these files?

Excuse me if i take your time,i know...but if you could help me it will be appreciate!

Thanks HOWEVER..

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...