Odd Franchise Stats?

DetroitStyle

Just wondering if anyone is getting odd franchise stats. I simulated 15-20 years in several different franchises and on average only 8-12 players would hit above .300 when IRL around 30 do, 5-10 players hit above 35 HR's when IRL about 20 do, and so on. I'm just getting lower numbers than what you would see IRL. It's kind of frustrating because when you look at career stats when judging a player it throws off your estimation of their ability. Miguel Cabrera, who has some of the highest contact and power ratings, barely hit .270 and 20 HR's on average in about 10 seasons.

Anyone else experiencing this or have a solution?

• 3 weeks later...

It's kinda odd, i tough that MLB 2K11 was actually statistically accurate. How about pitching stats? Have you compared these to real world stats?

Anyway, in 2010 only 7 players hit above 35 HRs, and this season a few more will reach that mark, maybe 12-13. Granderson, Bautista and Texeira arleady hit 35, and probably Kemp and Pujols will get there as well, and Uggla, Stanton, Berkman and Reynols need just 5 to get there. But after these guys, and maybe Fielder i don't think someone else will get there.

As for average, 23 players hit above .300 or above in 2010, and in 2011, so far 29 players are hitting above .300. In the end probably, only 20-25 will get to that .300 average mark.

So, in the end, 5-10 above 35, and 20 above .300 is actually pretty accurate. You should try and go take a look on how other players hit: guys like A-rod, Teixeira, Howard, Pujols, etc.

Archived