stealing

nittanylionfan3

well u must get a good lead with a fast player...then when your off use your big stick control to head first slide to the opposite side of the base the catehr throws it to....if he throws it short to the SS/2B slide outside...if he throws far to the SS/2B then slide inside

I have the Logitech dual action controller.

i used to use Logitech's rumblepad (for years till it broke) can't remember on that one.. I switched to the saitek a while ago

try all 3: 1. right-analog stick (tap left) ...most common

2. Left trigger (tap)

3. Directional pad tap left or tap up (it could make you outright steal..)

I find that the best time to steal is when your batter has 2 strikes. Often in this situation the pitcher will go off-speed giving your base stealer a little extra step.

I've gotten my sliders to the point as well where I'm getting very realistic base stealing numbers. Play around with your sliders (Steal Speed and Steal Delay I believe) until it gets to where you like it. I've only modified mine slightly +/- 2 or 3, but it makes a difference in the realism.

maybe with two strikes, but i usually strike out when i try to steal and thus i have a guy on second with one or two outs when i could just move him on a grounder or something like that

Well, I find that 80% of the time on a 0-2 or 1-2 count the pitch is going to be off-speed and in out of the zone. While I always prepare for a defensive swing should it be in the zone I usually don't have to worry about it.

As mentioned earlier, play with the sliders. My success stealing with 2 strikes is probably 75%, whereas the percentage is lower earlier in the count. I still hit probably 30-40% going early in the count. My overall steal % is right around 50% BTW and that's with sliders tipped in the CPU's favor. You just have to anticipate when you're going to get an off-speed pitch and try to foul off any fastballs that you get while stealing.

My sliders that affect stealing:

User Throw Speed: 10

CPU Throw Speed: 10

User Throw Accuracy: 15

CPU Throw Accuracy: -21

User Steal Speed: -2

CPU Steal Speed: 3

User Steal Delay: 2

CPU Steal Delay: -3

Does anyone know if you can stop in the basepath? I'm pretty sure you can't but I'm wondering if anyone knows how. If you can't is there a mod that could be made or something to let you be able to?

Do you mean a scenario like when you stop to force the fielder to run at you, thus giving a runner at third a better chance to go home and score?

In other words there is a point to stopping.

Of if your manually controlling your runner and you want to hold up and see if the fielder is going to make the play.

It was possible in 2004, don't think it is in 2005. In the controller.cfg, it was listed as: VPAD_RUNNER_STOP_SELECTED=.

OK... here they are:

Level: All-Star

Roster: Kerm's Special DL Opening Day

Data File: Kamasutra Level 3

Fielding: Assisted

Strike Zone, Hot / Cold Zones, Pitching Cursor: OFF

Pitch Speed: 0

User Pitcher Fatigue: 0

Computer Pitcher Fatigue: 0

User Batting Contact: 0

CPU Batting Contact: 0

User Batting Power: -15

CPU Batting Power: 0

User / CPU Bunt Ability: 30

User Outfield Speed: -5

CPU Outfield Speed: -10

User Infield Speed: -5

CPU Infield Speed: -10

User / CPU Baserunning Speed: 0

User / CPU Throw Speed: 10

User Throw Accuracy: 10

CPU Throw Accuracy: -21

User Runner Aggression: 15

CPU Runner Aggression: 7

Runner Injury Freq: 19

Pitcher Injury Freq: 16

Batter Injry Freq: 16

Fielder Injry Freq: 17

CPU Steal Rate: 32

User Dive Diff: 0

User / CPU Catch Errors: 21

User Runner Steal Speed: -2

CPU Runner Steal Speed: 3

User Runner Steal Delay: 2

CPU Runner Steal Delay: -3

Bullpen Fatigue Rate: -15

Bullpen Fatigue Grace: 15

WHEW... that should do it.

I was winning 2/3 of the games with these settings, so I've jumped up to MVP level, but this setup served me well for quite a while.

Nothing new. Penn State keeps losing and losing and losing. :evil: :evil: "W's" are very rare around here. :cry: What did you think about the place?

I loved the place, but back then Penn State was winning! I got to enjoy Kerry Collins, Kijana Carter, O.J. McDuffie, Kyle Brady, the Sacca brothers, etc.... in my years enrolled at State (am I dating myself?)

While I really loved the atmosphere in State College, I didn't care for the gargantuan class sizes, so I spent most of my college years at the Erie campus but road-tripped for the football weekends.

Archived