Cyberface Question

lofton0788

I've started trying to work on Minor league rosters for the game, but have encountered a bit of a problem. I'm mostly worried about names and skin tones, But I also dont want to have guys running around with black bodies and white faces. So, I guess first of all, to keep this from happening, should I be using generic cyberfaces (or doesnt it matter?) and if so, is there a list/database as to what the codes are for generic cyberfaces. or perhaps a pattern in the number structure of the cyberfaces. I'm kinda new to this whole CF thing, so I apologize if the answer is trivial, but any help would be appreciated

There is no compiled list of cyberfaces. Your best bet is to load a roster using Ty's editor and look through (in-game) different faces until you find the one you want. Then search that persons name in Ty's editor and note the cyberface number. Then, apply the cyberface number to the player you want changed, save the roster, and reload in game.

DS, don't you have to change the skin tone as well as the cyberface ID? Because while most cyberfaces have the correct skin/arm color, there are in fact some players who don't. Two different settings in other words that need to be checked and edited.

lofton, I created a skin test roster save that allows me to switch face/skin IDs, then quickly test them in-game to make sure they all match up. I set up my test team's batting lineup so that all four lineups were the same vs L, R, and with DH. I then changed those players' names to their position number: 2 (for C), 3 (for 1B), 4 (for 2B), etc (allows me to quickly locate my test players in the editor). I make face and skin/arm ID changes, then fire up a game with that team as the home team. When the game starts, I pause and use the replay feature to go around the field and check to make sure everyone's face color matches their skin color.

Edited by bangus

is there a list/database as to what the codes are for generic cyberfaces.
I've got an excel file for 2K11 with a couple hundred face IDs that I'm compiling and still working on. Mostly the generic cyberfaces all start with 92. But it's easy to check and find out their ID numbers. Go into any minor league team, take note of the repeated faces you see, then check both their face ID and skin ID using Ty's editor.