Observation--Total Control Pitching Pc Version (360 Control)

tks

I have noticed it is very difficult to walk an opponent as the manual User with Total Control Pitching....

I have the User pitching control difficulty set at 20 (and even have set it to 5) and still rarely, rarely do I ever walk more than two batters per game. I have the pitch aim set at "breakpoint aim" and I also installed the Pena1 accessory, which eliminates the pitching guide.

I tried to make User Control pitching as difficult as possible and still find it very difficult to walk a batter.

I have set the CPU batting contact at varrious levels to reduce the tendency to swing but I still find it very tough to walk a batter....Guess I should be happy but it does seem a little unrealistic....I do walk more batters when the User is the AI but not when I am in control.

I also noticed that as the User, you do not need to fully complete the stick motion to make a pitch....Examples:

...Fastball requires a down stick motion followed by the up motion...You only need to complete the first motion for the pitch to be made.

...Slider requires a right stick motion followed by a swivel motion to the left...The pitch can be made by only making the right stick motion.

Never noticed this before but it appears the AI does complete the piching motion for you, even though you are in control as the User and the pitch is not a wildpitch as you might expect.

Just a few observations....Still a fun game to play.

He does mention he has tweaked the pictuing option by lowering the control to 5. I too find it rather hard to walk a batter, in fact i can go games without walking a batter. The reason of course is "I think", we wish not to walk a batter per sey. If I get a three ball count I tend to pitch more to the strength of the pitcher and pitch more toward the center of the strike zone. After I pitch with a certain pitcher I understand how his pitches will go in movement when i throw high,low, nside or outside, thus making it harder to walk a batter.

In real life pitchers tend to not give in as much as we do. They will still throw to the corners and not throw one down the pipe in a way. I even have some pitchers with their pitches have a low command rating for that certain pitch, but again, I try not to use theat pitch when I have a three ball count.

Is it "real life" control, no, but I understand this is a computer game which is always dertrmining the factors in every pitch and when we aim for the strike zone, most of the time the computer will find that srike zome, whereas real pitchers have many other facrtors in their throwing, did they grip the ball to soft, too hard, did they slip a bit coming off the rubber, did their front foot hit an inch to short or too long. Computer games have yet to figure that ratio out.

All in all, I think again it is us the comtroller that makes the choice to make sure the pitch is thrown far enough inside the stike zone to make it a strike, We do not think at times as real life counterparts and think a pitch close to the middle will end up some 400 feet away in some fans hands in centerfield. We do not have that "personal" side feeling of just how it feels to have a shot taken off us, it more in the thinking he will hit it and I'll take a single rather than a walk.

Edited by Rocket_Rick