Dumb Newbie Question #25

Crites

Okay, I have a player created but I have no idea how to put him on a team. I want him on a minor league team, but thanks to a next-to-useless manual from 2K sports, I have no idea how to get him playng. Can anyone walk me through the process?

Thanks in advance.

Crites

Here ya go... Directions to create a player and stick him on a Double-A team.

Start with a COPY of a roster. Load a roster and then Save it under another name, preferably a custom one so you know it's been modified.

Select create player and begin your creative ways.

Upon completion of your edits of a created player's skills, equipment, tendencies, etc., press Start/Button 10/Hit Enter and you will be prompted to assign this player to a team.

If you do not assign this player now, he will become a free-agent and will appear on the roster's free agent list.

When you assign the player, he will be on the MLB roster for the selected team.

When assigned, you should be on the Free Agent section of the Management > Rosters screen. Find the team to which you assigned the created player.

Since all teams have full, 25-man rosters, I advise releasing some scrub from Single-A, moving another scrub from Double-A to Single-A, then moving the created player to Double-A. You may want to actually dump/move players who play the same position as the created player, too.

To do this, press 4 or push in the Left-Stick of the controller to switch between the MLB, AAA, AA, and A rosters. Once at Single-A, it's time to dump a scrub as described above. To do so, find the player you wanna dump, select him (Press A/Button 2/Hit Enter then select "Release." He'll now be a free agent and that team will have an open slot.

Switch to the Double-A roster and find the player you want to move down to Single-A. Select him and choose "Send to Single-A" and this team will now have 24 players, meaning there's a slot open for your boy.

Now that Double-A has an open slot, switch to the MLB roster and find your boy.

Select him and in the menu, choose "Send to Double-A."

Now you'll want to make sure he gets playing time...

Bring up the Nav menu (hit B or ESC) and go to Management > Batting Order/Position Alignment and adjust the Double-A team's batting order and position alignment to include your boy. (Or pitching rotation if the created player's a pitcher...)

Once all that's complete, you can save the roster. You could really do that at any time, but I suggest waiting til you get him where you want him so the MLB team doesn't get saved with 26 active players.

Edited by RazberyBandit