Problem With Ty's Global Energy Edit

furball

Well, I'm in Franchise mode with the SF Giants and for some reason, the game decided to "forget" all my hitters' "Dynamic Player Ratings." (You know,where the player gets a fire or an icicle next to his name, depending on whether he's been hot or cold for the last 30 days, and his CON and POW numbers are adjusted accordingly.)

No problem. I figured it was a bug or I had done something stupid. I played a few days, multiple loads and saves of the Franchise, but after 6 or 7 days, My Giants hitters still didn't have dynamic ratings, but all the other teams did - and my Giants pitchers had Dynamic ratings, as well.

SO! To help make up for it, I went into Ty's editor. I chose GLOBAL EDIT. I chose (within Global EDIT) SF GIANTS as the team, and set ENERGY to MIN 100 and ( I THINK) MAX 127. I SAVED it and deleted the backups. (I figured I'd play with my best starters for a few games to tip the 30-day look-back of dynamic ratings into my favor.)

When I try to load the Franchise in MLB2K12 I now get the error: "The Major League Baseball 2K12 Franchise1 save file cannot be used because the data is corrupted."

I've tried redoing the global edit with values of 100, 50, 0, etc., for MAX in the ENERGY field. I've also tried smaller values in the MIN ENERGY field within GLOBAL EDIT. Nothing works to allow me to load my Franchise.

Does anyone have experience with this and (hopefully) a workaround - besides starting over?

Also, is anyone in contact with Ty? I'd love to be able to send him my files and ask him to "fine-tune" his wonderful editor for this game. It appears that it's possble to make a global edit within his editor that makes the Franchise become unloadable.

And yes, I'm guilty of using his editor with EA's game from 2005 til 2012 without ever sending him a donation. If this post is answered at all soon (3-4 days?) I'll gladly donate 30-50 bucks if I can get Ty to fine-tne the editor for MLB2K12. (One of the things I'd ask for is, "What field is it that determines fi a player is trending up or down?")

Thanks!

furball

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, sabugo, but the real problem I'm reffering to is that Ty's editor corrupts Franchise leagues if you use the "global edit" feature. For example, if you choose to use Global Edit to change every player on the Giants to 99 Durability, your Franchise will be considered corrupted and unloadable by MLB2K12.

I suppose we're out of luck because TY seems to be retired and 2KSports isn't gonna pick up the franchise next year.

Edited by furball