Creating My Own Create-A-Team Uniform

olipoo

ok, i figured i'd start with creating an All Time Cardinal Great team. so, easy enough, dump all the 'uniform_slc_home' and 'uniform_slc_away' into the viking slot for now (uniform_vik_home/away).

this worked almost, except i wasn't able to change most of the colors, like the uniform, and my piping wouldn't show up, my hat wouldn't change either. just a few little things. Plus i had different logos for the home and away uniform. Those were only showing up as the home logo.

going back in a 2nd time around editing the Bandit file, i left the uniform template in all RGB colors like they have it, added my logo in, converting it all to Red Green and Blue. added my piping, etc etc. i almost got it right colors were editable, except this time the home logo wouldn't stretch across the entire chest, and the away logo won't show up again either...

i'm assuming maybe i can't add 2 different logos?? but how do i get my uniform logo to stretch across again?

i'm using the cardinals logo, which i've done a color replacement on it to only include Red Blue and Green. the first time it positioned across the entire chest, but now it only wants to be a small patch.

..i think it has something to do with the 5th and 6th DDS file maybe? the uniform layout map (plus the texture) that allows the logo to move across the entire chest, ... oOO maybe i'm on to something...

i just need to go about coloring 5 correctly red shirt, blue pants, and green piping where i see fit... will post later when i play around some more.

edit: ok, i was right thanks to KC. i got the logo across the chest, with customizable colors.

problems i'm still having...i can't get the away logo to show up on the away uniform, i only get the home logo.

they also won't let me choose those uniform colors like the giants and phillies wear, that cream color uni...not a color choice apparently. any way around that?

and i assume i can use Ty's editor to add the player's number to front of the uni also??

Edited by olipoo

i'm using the cardinals logo, which i've done a color replacement on it to only include Red Blue and Green. the first time it positioned across the entire chest, but now it only wants to be a small patch.

..i think it has something to do with the 5th and 6th DDS file maybe? the uniform layout map (plus the texture) that allows the logo to move across the entire chest, ... oOO maybe i'm on to something...

i just need to go about coloring 5 correctly red shirt, blue pants, and green piping where i see fit... will post later when i play around some more.

edit: ok, i was right thanks to KC. i got the logo across the chest, with customizable colors.

problems i'm still having...i can't get the away logo to show up on the away uniform, i only get the home logo.

they also won't let me choose those uniform colors like the giants and phillies wear, that cream color uni...not a color choice apparently. any way around that?

and i assume i can use Ty's editor to add the player's number to front of the uni also??

I'm going to try and split this into two parts:

1) Let's say for example, you want to use the St. Louis Cardinals as a base for your created team. They have a horizontal logo across the chest, MLB standard font, and a uniform number on the front. You would have to take this IFF file and rename it to whatever team you want to replace like the Bandits, Ceasars, Bobcats, etc.

2) As long as the numbers/letters/logo/jersey/hat is in RGB format, everything should work properly, and you would need access Ty's editor to enable jersey numbers on the front on the uniform if the team you based your uniforms from features numbers on the front. If you wanted a cream colored jersey, one of the teams has to have cream as one of their team colors for you to use...

OR

You can use the team's jersey and alter any color changes (collars, sleeves) to either red (255,0,0) green(0,255,0) or blue (0,0,255).

You can really be as creative as you want, although explaining it is really complicated, sorry. I hope it helps though :)

it seems Ty's editor has hurt me more than it helps me.

i had the custom uni (using 'uniform_slc_home' as my template and uniform_vik_home/away' as my host) in there all perfect (minus having different logos for home and away) but when i went in to Ty's editor to add front numbers on the viking uni, poof it's gone. the files are still in the directory, but the game won't read them....

i still have a few defaults in there to tamper with, going to try exactly as you explained it, plus add my new logos to the away uniform and see if i have any luck.

as for the cream color, i only have a small range of 3 colors to work with. :facepalm: , i'll figure it out i think...tomorrow...when my brain is working again.

that's what i'm doing. i click the checkboxes number on back of helmet, and number on front of jersey, and then save.

but that has proven to mess things up more than fix things, not really sure why.

i hope i'm loading the correct roster too? it prompts me to load the roster every time i open it. and already has the location inside app data.

i quit out of the game before i edit something.

i haven't seen much good come out of that editor yet. i'm pretty sure it's the source of the problem for some of the folks who lose the pitching arrows in game, and eventually screwing with game controller bindings. i've already done 1 reinstall, might do another.

ok. Ty'd editor still makes the Create-a-Teams disappear when i tamper with them in there.

i still can't get a differential for Home and Away uniform logos..

i think imma move on. figure this out never.

...also still confused about how to add alternate teams through Ty's editor, i don't like using the thing, messes everything up.

BUT i was able to add your alternate DBacks uniforms before i had Ty's editor, KC...