About my updates - also taking requests

Bartw

First things first, I fixed some minor problems and uploaded new versions yesterday to this (great) site. If you see anything that's incorrect, please let me know and I'll have a go at it :)

Well, I know I have my own style that not everyone probably likes, but I'd like to take requests on which uni's people would like to have first....so ask away if you want to.

Another thing, I'll be posting about any kinds of updates here from now own.

Thanks again and have fun! :)

First things first, I fixed some minor problems and uploaded new versions yesterday to this (great) site. If you see anything that's incorrect, please let me know and I'll have a go at it :)

Well, I know I have my own style that not everyone probably likes, but I'd like to take requests on which uni's people would like to have first....so ask away if you want to.

Another thing, I'll be posting about any kinds of updates here from now own.

Thanks again and have fun! :)

1990 Cincinnati Reds

I'd love to see these in the game to go with my oldtime roster set:

54 Indians

57 Braves

59 White Sox

61 Yanks (pretty much the same as today)

62 Giants

65 Dodgers

65 Twins

67 Red Sox

68 Cards

68 Tigers

69 Mets

69 Cubs

69 Senators (I think this one is done already)

70 Orioles

71 Pirates

74 A's (already in the game I think)

74 Rangers

75 Reds

79 Angels

80 Phils (already in game)

84 Padres (already in game)

Okay, no problem! I'll have a go at some of that list on monday (probably no time on sunday).....I just have to find myself some clear photos of their uni's, but that won't be a problem :)

First I must say that I am a huge fan of your work. I would prefer that you continue with the default uniforms, including the unlockable vintage ones.

Quick question: how do you get rid of the awful shine / metalic look on the default uniforms?

Quick question: how do you get rid of the awful shine / metalic look on the default uniforms?

I desaturated them first to take out the colors and then I fixed the contrast for sleeves, jersey and pants equally, so that they look a bit more realistic.

If you look at any baseball photo, you'll notice that these shirts are very firm/thick and that the creases and folds don't have very dark shadows....it's all much softer.

Btw, I was working on fixing the collar for the shirts too, but the mapping is a bit weird.....if I make it on the back of a jersey a bit smaller it sort of warps inward, so I'd have to do that some other time (since I'll need to fix the 3d mapping for the whole shirt). Tricky, but worth it.

Another thing: Does anyone know any good resources for old baseball pictures ? I usually try to find them on google.com and mlb.com, but it would be nice if there's a way to just look up a team in one specific season - know what I mean ? :)

Anyway, thanks again, I'll keep you guys updated. I'll finish off some 2004 uniforms first anyway, cause I'll be looking for good photos before I can start on old stuff. :)

Another thing: Does anyone know any good resources for old baseball pictures ? I usually try to find them on google.com and mlb.com, but it would be nice if there's a way to just look up a team in one specific season - know what I mean ?

I usually use ebay, there is usually selling something related to that year, whether it's a baseball card or a media guide.

thanks! :)

Can anyone help me out: I finished the Astros, but what combinations do they use ? Do they use an alternate home white without pinstripes as well ? One site had it with a red cap.....another had it with black.

What I did sofar was do the same as EA did it: home with pinstripes, road grey, red with white pinstripe pants, red with grey road pants. And I also created an extra set with the white no-pinstripe uniform....but I have it with black hats and helmets (all sets).

Thanks! :)

Can anyone help me out: I finished the Astros, but what combinations do they use ? Do they use an alternate home white without pinstripes as well ? One site had it with a red cap.....another had it with black.

What I did sofar was do the same as EA did it: home with pinstripes, road grey, red with white pinstripe pants, red with grey road pants. And I also created an extra set with the white no-pinstripe uniform....but I have it with black hats and helmets (all sets).

Thanks! :)

Bart:

I live in Houston, so maybe I can help ;).

At Home:

White pinstripes, black Hat, black helmet.

Red jersey with white pinstripes, black hat, black helmet.

White jersey and pants with red lettering (front and back), red hat, black helmet.

Red jersey with white pants, black hat, black helmet.

On the Road:

Grey jersey and pants with red lettering (front and back), black hat, black helmet.

Red jersey, grey pants, black hat, black helmet.

In all instances they use black shoes.

A few pics:

2132665.jpg

2132746.jpg

3255933.jpg

3316141.jpg

3358935.jpg

3465552.jpg

3472261.jpg

Hope this helps,

D24

Guys, that helped a LOT indeed....I really appreciate it ! Thanks :)

Well, seeing that some people are waiting for Astros uni's, I decided to finish it off right away, so here you go:

http://www.mvpmods.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4140#4140

I've already uploaded them, so perhaps they'll be online in a short while.....no idea.....anyway, hope you like 'em (just let me know if anything's wrong!)

'cos I'm the only one who'd probably want this, but I would LOVE have to the complete home, away, and alternate '97 Buffalo Bisons uniform sets, now that Fuzzone has made it possible for them to coexist with the current unis.

They're essentially the same as the Cleveland uni's from the same period, with different cresting. I do have some good photos.

The '97 Bisons were one of the great young Triple-A teams of recent history, featuring Bartolo Colon (he threw a no-hitter that year), Jaret Wright, Steve Kline, Danny Graves, Enrique Wilson, Damian Jackson, Sean Casey, Einar Diaz & Richie Sexson, along with triple-A vets like Jeff Manto & Torey Lovullo. They won the last-ever American Association championship, before it was disbanded and the teams were assimilated into the International & Pacific Coast Leagues. Unfortunately, they also changed the uniforms when they changed leagues.

Archived