Moving 2004 Faces to 2005 ?

stecropper

I am seeking help with the process to move select 2004 Faces into the 2005 game.

Many Faces have changed and in some cases I prefer the 2004 version.

Regardless, I would like to add select faces from 2004 into 2005. Not replace faces in 2005 with 2004 faces but rather add some from 2004 that aren't present or have changed in 2005.

Could someone develop the process to do accomplish this task and publish it?

I know there is a 2004 flag in 2005 for such face types that would have to be set somehow. Plus, I am not certain what face numbers are unused and available in 2005. To be totally honest I am very much a novice at doing something like this that is why I am asking for a boilerplate tool to possibly just insert the face # from 2004 that is wanted to be inserted into 2005.

A good example would be the Mickey Mantle face modded for 2004 would be nice to move to 2005 along with a Barry Bonds face as well.

I think this is a feature many would benefit from and contribute to. I know I would be willing to contribute to it.

Best of All would be if someone could determine what faces are NOT in 2005 that were in 2004 and those that have changed in 2005 that were in 2004 (like now with a mustache in 2005 and no mustache in 2004 OR now in 2005 format versus 2004 format) then do a MASS move of all of those to 2005. That would be a really significant addition/Mod.

Thanks,

Don Cropper

i am going to send out a list to rglass of all faces in the game and numbered.

(really, it is last years list with all the additions in number order.

last year there was about 30 or so generic faces that could be replaced. i treid

to get some additional classic faces done, but no luck. they are not easy.

69yanks did mantle and it came out well

yes, there are some faces from '04 that i would like to see added to '05

it will have to be one of two ways: (if can be done)

1) replace a current

2) find generic openings and just add to them

there are some good faces from '04 that could be 'tweaked' just a bit

(some none at all) that could work well for '05

again i will try to get some help and put together a small face pak

of 'classic' faces to add. i am determined to see Rose & K.Gibson

'In The Game' !

i too will support anyone for their time or make an additional donation

to mvp mods if it gets done. i think alot of people would like to see a few

added

I've been messing with the models.big and the Faces. I was successful in moving from 2004 to 2005 several faces. I moved the 2004 Mickey Mantle face into an unoccupied slot (slot #2) and I also replaced another 2004 face into a slot in 2005 that had one of the older 2004 type faces in that slot (slot #27). I did this using the EA Graph utility.

However, in 2004 the bits maps were 128X128 and in 2005 the bits maps are 128X256. At least that's the way it appears to me. Thus, the 2004 Faces I moved into 2005 via the Import Wizard Tool of EA Graph look a bit (just slightly) distorted.

I am sure someone that has experience with these tools could solve this problem. But for now I will just continue to mess around with this.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Yep, Tony, He shows up but with a fairly Big Nose ..... You can tell it is the right picture but looks a bit out of whack ...... of course it could just be me ..... but I will check on how he looked in the 2004 game to make sure .....

Like I said above - I was succesfull in doing 1 in an unused slot in 2005 and 1 in a used slot for the 2004 type in 2005 as well ......

Getting Close but No Cigar Yet !!! We need the FuzZ to come to our rescue again ...... but first he needs to get his work done on that JAVA Project !!! Oh, the trials and tribulations of youth !!!! How envious I am I am !!!

I have tried loading a few custom cyberfaces from 2004 into 2005 and the game doesn't seem to like the ord and orl files much. They work but the players look all red and white when viewed in the game. What is weird is from a distance they look fine and as soon as you start to zoom in, boom, they get all discolored. I tested it out and it wasn't the bmp, but the ord and orl's so unless someone has some ideas it looks like we would have to create new cybers from scratch. This really stinks cause last year I had made 9 cybers of my friends and myself.

If anyone has gotten this to work, PLEASE let me know how.

Playball335,

That is what I got too when I used GFXPAK (or however your spell it) to input the 2004 faces into 2005 ...... but when I used EA Graph utility it worked a whole lot better and the faces were the right skin tones just a little distorted due to the size differences in the bit maps (at least that's what I think caused it).

Playball335,

That is what I got too when I used GFXPAK (or however your spell it) to input the 2004 faces into 2005 ...... but when I used EA Graph utility it worked a whole lot better and the faces were the right skin tones just a little distorted due to the size differences in the bit maps (at least that's what I think caused it).

Very strange. When I used my ord/orl's from last year I have the problem but then I swapped them out with Mantei's from the 2005 folder and the face color was correct, just didn't map well to Mantei's face.

Do you have a basic procedure I could try(haven't used eagraph much), I really don't want to Oedit all nine players again.

What I did was use BigGui to import my 2004 fsh files after I used fshEd to add the resized bitmap (128 x 256) to the face fsh file.

Thanks.

Archived