Mod Enabler

reme

For those of you that are not aware, there is a program on the NLSC NBA 2k site that you can use to install mods without overwriting your original game files. It is call JSGME Generic Mod Enabler. It is a public program to use from JoneSoft and leftos from the NLSC site for doing the tutorial. I should give them credit for this program, it is not mine.

I am not promoting anything with this program, I just think this program will be a benefit for people here also. it already is for me.

The program works with any game, not just the nba2k or 2k games in general. What it does is install a file into your game directory called MODS and from that point on, you put your add on mods (uniforms, faces etc) into the MODS file it created. It will not overwrite anything in your original game directory, so you can add and subtract new mods as often as you like, without having to copy and paste or save your originals. It is very easy to use and has a readme file & a video tutorial if you need it.

I have been using it with no problems with mlb2k12 & nba 2k games. But, it should also work for anyone using MVP. Actually, per the info in the read me file, it should work with any game. I also use it with EA games (fifa manager & NHL).

You can add released mods to your game to see if you like the mod and if you don't, you can just remove it very easily. No cutting and pasting and no overwritten files to replace. Besides the files I already had been using with the program, I have already installed the new uniforms released by RB & KC using this program with no problems. (you will have to install the colorlist file as usual).

This may also help the modders out there, not having to overwrite your files with your new mod files when trying them. (I am not a modder, so I am not sure about this part).

Anyway, here is the link to the program if you would like to use it. I hope it is a help for you.

(I would attach the actual file, but I don't want to upload someone else's work. I did check with Yankee4life first about posting the link to the program here).

Thanks,

reme

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=92820