new here, help me get set up with fantasy draft

bradu

I'm brand new, but excited about the possibilities of playing MVP baseball with different season rosters, just found out about this!

So here's what I'm interested in...running a fantasy draft in dynasty mode. Ideally, I want to try out a late 80's season, when I was a kid and a huge fan. Just at a quick reading it looks like I may have trouble with this given that there are too many teams. Is there a way to run a fantasy draft? It looks like there's a 1988 classic mod, that would work great.

The alternative is I'd be looking for the most current mod possible. Though I'd like to do the 88 one if there's a way to do it without a bunch of current players sneaking in.

Please help point me in the right direction, thanks!

I got the 1988 classic up and running. Since I couldn't run an actual fantasy draft through the game, I came up with an alternate way to come up with my team and still keep it somewhat balanced. Granted, the team I ended up with is definitely a great team, so maybe even this was too lenient, but I suck at the game so it balances out anyway, lol. Plus I'm having a ton of fun with it. Anyway, here's what I did:

I allowed myself to 'draft' one player from each team in the league (26 teams, 25 players on a team so one team I didn't get a player from.) The trick is I could only take one player at each spot in the batting order, each position in the starting lineup, and each place in the pitching rotation.

So for instance, I took McGwire from the A's so no more A's, no more cleanup hitters, or 1st basemen starter. My 5 backup hitters/fielders had to be guys not in the starting lineup. Anyway it was a fun way to sort of draft my own team. Got Franco, Greenwell, Puckett, McGwire, Bo, let's see who else...BJ Surhoff, Dunston, Gruber...pitching rotation includes Nolan Ryan, Fernando Valenzuela and a young John Smoltz.