Hmm.. question

Wolverineman

Okay I just recently got my laptop back and just got around to reinstalling MVP2004. My laptop can't play 2005 so I'm stuck with 2004. Thats fine, I downloaded all the mods I used to use. The main one being the roster update, I use Jpup's TMPlus 2.5. It always worked fine before. I went to EA's site and downloaded the patch, which said it was #3. I then found MVPEdit and made the changes I wanted to the rosters and then exported them back into the MVPBaseball folder. But when I load the game up, I'm stuck with the basic rosters. Nomar on the BoSox and stuff. All the shitty created players in the minors. What am I doing wrong? I've tried exporting the rosters to the MVP Folder, and I've also tried exporting the rosters elsewhere and c&p'ing them back into the MVP folder. Neither works. And when I import the rosters from the mvp folder, i get the rosters I want. But once in the game it reverts to the crappy roster. I'm guessing I'm forgetting a step since I haven't done it in a long time.

They are not the .sav rosters. GeForce made rosters that weren't .sav that were called Total Minors, then JPup edited them to update the transactions that happened. They are by and far the best rosters ever made for the game and I refuse to use any other roster set. And the .sav rosters usually weren't as good cause all the hot/cold zones were the same.

Hmm.. I hit the reset rosters button and that didn't seem to work. My best guess as of now is that even though it said it was patch #3 from the site, that I actually got patch #4 and this roster isn't compatable with patch #4, which if I remember right was only a roster update.

I've tried exporting the rosters to the MVP Folder, and I've also tried exporting the rosters elsewhere and c&p'ing them back into the MVP folder

Is this correct or a mistype? I know that I did the same thing after I reinstalled and it was driving me nuts.

Export to the MVP/data folder and not the MVP folder.

Archived