Questions on starting a league

tinpanalley

This probably involves infinite numbers of steps but I need a rough idea of whether this is possible.

I've asked about this before but I've since downloaded a bunch of Total Classics mods to study how they're built. I'm looking into making an Independent League that exists where I live. There are 7 teams. So, at first I thought I could just take the American League East and Central and just plop those teams in and then worry about uniforms later. I'm not wasting my time with faces. Maybe portraits. But then upon closer inspection, I noticed mods like the 1951 that I'm playing sometimes only puts 2 teams in a division so there can be a playoff. So questions...

1. Can I spread the 7 teams around the MLB divisions so that at the end of a season, 2 in each League go to a semi final and then the winners end up in a final? Or is that division series always going to be there?

2. I imagine there's nothing wrong with just overwriting existing MLB players in MVPEdit and dissociating play by play ids, or is it best to do it a different way?

3. A detail for when this is far far further along, but can I also "disconnect" team name audio? I'd rather hear "Home Team" and "Visiting Team" than the MLB names I built the teams on top of.

Any guidance on this would be great. Knowing the answer to these questions will help me determine whether it's worth it and if I even have the time. Thanks!

Archived