NEW mvp baseball patch at ea.com

frankynaky

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't feel like uninstalling the game, I have installed mods, roster, datafile, overlay, no movie, jerseys, etc...

Where can I find the roster's on the CD?

Can anyone email it to me if possible?

AlexBarrios@gmail.com

Does it fix the player detail low on FX5200 128mb cards?

that will teach me not to backup :(

anyway - for those who like me failed to backup ;) - its easy as some guys have posted before - just copy the .dat files and the few .bigs required from the compressed.zip folder on disc 1

copy them over - and viola

cheers lads :D

why is it March 4th and the updates for the rosters are from February 20th?

I mean, you guys can spit out an upto date roster and you folks work for free!

EA pays their programmers and they can even get us a current roster.

image.gif

Hey Rob!!!!! I got a fever!! And the only prescription is more Cow Bell!!!!

Great Avatar!!!

Did they fix the trippy grass in the patch? I'm at work so I can't see nuttin

I'm thinking the "moving grass" issue may be camera related. Since when the camera is still for me (like when someone's at bat, or when you are looking at it from a low angle during a replay), it's not moving (or, at least not as noticably moving).

I don't feel like uninstalling the game, I have installed mods, roster, datafile, overlay, no movie, jerseys, etc...

Where can I find the roster's on the CD?

Can anyone email it to me if possible?

AlexBarrios@gmail.com

Does it fix the player detail low on FX5200 128mb cards?

Guys just read this thread!! Its mentioned more than once, C'mon Big Boy!!

I personally believe this is just a patch to update the rosters and only has a minimal effect on choppy gameplay, which I find rather dissapointing. After downloading the patch I noticed the choppy gameplay get maybe a tiny bit better but for the most part the same, but then again ever since I changed my fielding camera to broadcast it seems to have gotten slightly better anyways. Hopefully they can and will patch the graphical hang-ups and get it all smoothed out, but I guess we will all wait and see, considering not even a week ago I was certain they would be releasing a patch to fix it anyday.

anyway - for those who like me failed to backup ;) - its easy as some guys have posted before - just copy the .dat files and the few .bigs required from the compressed.zip folder on disc 1

Just to add to the information, the files should be moved from Disc 1 to */MVP Baseball 2005/data/database and the original filenames will be:

DAT files

attrib.dat

bstats.dat

career.dat

careerp.dat

fbstats.dat

hist.dat

lhattrib.dat

lhbstats.dat

lhpstats.dat

manager.dat

org.dat

pitcher.dat

pstats.dat

rhattrib.dat

rhbstats.dat

rhpstats.dat

roster.dat

team.dat

tstat.dat

CSV files

resign.csv

BIG files

progress.big

rookie.big

schedule.big

Yes just copy those originals off the cd, if you didnt back up, the above list is all the files you need to copy, Looks like roster update kinda small for anything major. Plays the same to me. Its all good anyhow they always worry about the online issues first. They might get a real patch soon.

This patch was created because a v1.0 no-cd crack was released yesterday. This is nothing more than a 2/20/04 roster update disguised as a patch to change the exe file. I would just use the updated rosters on this site and not use any EA patches until they release official fixes.

This patch was created because a v1.0 no-cd crack was released yesterday. This is nothing more than a 2/20/04 roster update disguised as a patch to change the exe file. I would just use the updated rosters on this site and not use any EA patches until they release official fixes.
buy the game, if you have backup disc 2 and mount it on a virtual drive

Sorry, anything more than a roster update would have been advertised on Blues News, ShackNews ect. Hey, I own the game and there is nothing different other than the roster. 13057 differences within a week of release of the game definetely would be some kind of record and definetely would have release notes.

Good grief, look how small the actuall size of the file is. a no cd crack whatever, rosters alone could equal 13000 differences.and btw Ea wont announce anything till its up on thier site then everybody follows like tabloid news. So 10 days of feedback = no real patch for any gameplay issues (Pine tar in the on deck circle for those who need a better grip)!

Sorry, anything more than a roster update would have been advertised on Blues News, ShackNews ect. Hey, I own the game and there is nothing different other than the roster. 13057 differences within a week of release of the game definetely would be some kind of record and definetely would have release notes.

HOW if EA does not say what they did?

look these files have changed in addition to the EXE file

resign.csv

progress.big

rookie.big

schedule.big

and they have nothing to do with ROSTERS

explain that?

Archived