OAKLAND A's OWNER MODE 2005 (playoff time, check it out)

rolliefingers08

I figured I'd post the details of my dynasty (owner mode). Here goes.

Starting Lineup

C - Jason Kendall

1B - Lyle Overbay

2B - Alfonso Soriano

SS - Bobby Crosby

3B - Eric Chavez

LF - Eric Byrnes (vs. R)/Lance Berkman (vs. L)

CF - Coco Crisp

RF - Charles Thomas (vs. R)/Eric Byrnes (vs. L)

DH - Lance Berkman (vs. R)/Nick Swisher (vs. L)

Bench

1B - Dan Johnson

C - Robbie Hammock

3B/OF - Casey Blake

2B - Marco Scutaro

AAA

Mike Cuddyer

Adam Morrissey

Matt Watson

Starting Rotation

Barry Zito - L

Rich Harden - R

Oliver Perez - L

Danny Haren - R

Joe Blanton - R

Bullpen

Long - Kirk Saarloos

Middle - Huston Street

Middle - Chad Bradford

Middle - Jairo Garcia ®

Setup - JC Romero (L)

Closer - Octavio Dotel ®

If you want to know anything else, feel free to ask. I just don't want to do stats or anything like that.

As of April 22nd, I'm 7-9, 3rd place in the AL West, and 3 games back of Anaheim for the division lead.

Eric Chavez is on the DL for 12 more days. Keith Ginter has been at 3B for the last 5 games, and was really good early on but lately has made a few errors.

Adam Morrissey was called up for awhile, but then he went on the DL as well, but I didnt have him start anyways.

Eric Byrnes is next in line at 3B. I dont really know why, as the only position I know that he possibly would play in real life is 1B if he needed to, but he seems like a good fit there and played well in the 3 or 4 innings he's been there so far.

I'll probably update this weekly (in the game that is) but it's also possible that I'll stop for long periods of time because it's happened before.

enjoy.

As of April 22nd, I'm 7-9, 3rd place in the AL West, and 3 games back of Anaheim for the division lead.

Eric Chavez is on the DL for 12 more days. Keith Ginter has been at 3B for the last 5 games, and was really good early on but lately has made a few errors.

Adam Morrissey was called up for awhile, but then he went on the DL as well, but I didnt have him start anyways.

Eric Byrnes is next in line at 3B. I dont really know why, as the only position I know that he possibly would play in real life is 1B if he needed to, but he seems like a good fit there and played well in the 3 or 4 innings he's been there so far.

I'll probably update this weekly (in the game that is) but it's also possible that I'll stop for long periods of time because it's happened before.

enjoy.

you should trade Lyle Overbay for pitching and move Eric Chavez to DH and at the end of the year,sign David Wright

My pitching upgrade came as Kirk Saarloos + minor league OF for Scott Kazmir, which allowed me to send Dan Meyer down to AAA. I'm looking for more pitching right now, but I managed to sign overbay to an extension for a decent price, which might allow me to move JT Snow. I love his defense, and he's great against righties, but for some reason I'm just not able to hit well with him at all.

For $1.8 million, that really makes him expendable and he'll probably be the one I trade.

My pitching upgrade came as Kirk Saarloos + minor league OF for Scott Kazmir, which allowed me to send Dan Meyer down to AAA. I'm looking for more pitching right now, but I managed to sign overbay to an extension for a decent price, which might allow me to move JT Snow. I love his defense, and he's great against righties, but for some reason I'm just not able to hit well with him at all.

For $1.8 million, that really makes him expendable and he'll probably be the one I trade.

If you need cheap, young pitching,Seattle righty Cha Seung Beck isn't too bad,neither is Jamie Moyer or Kirk Reuter.

Okay I've got a question for everybody.

I want my stadium to suit my lineup, so which would be better? The high, but close RF wall, or the short, close LF wall?

Lefties - Overbay, Chavez, Berkman, Kotsay, Crisp, Hatteberg

Righties - Kendall, Ginter, Scutaro, Crosby, Ford, Byrnes, Swisher, Berkman (but he doesn't have any RH power)

I don't have an issue with giving up a lot of homers and I don't hit the gaps well so a fence further away wouldnt suit me very well.

well, with overbay being a linedrive hitter, along with Kendall, you may want to do a far, short RF wall and short, close LF wall, with Berkman's power enabling him to get it the distance in right, along with Chavez and possibly Hatteberg, and making Kendall, Crosby, Byrnes, and Swisher all more potent hitters.

i take it you dont have the game.

you dont have a choice of exact wall specifics.

it's either high RF wall with average LF wall, or close, short LF wall.

also something interesting of note: in a game earlier today, marco scutaro ® hit an opposite field 3-run HR over the big RF wall.

another trade i've made to satisfy some of the guys a bit better...

TO MINNESOTA

OF Lew Ford (yeah, trading him back)

RP Tim Harikkala

RP Adrian Lincoln

TO OAKLAND

1B/C Matt Lecroy

RP Jesse Crain

RP J.D. Durbin

can anyone PLEASE give me some tips on how to make some more money? obviously cutting payroll would help, but i like my big money makers too much to do it.

when you have a jason kendall, not a lot of catchers seem worth trading for to cut payroll and still be competitive.

i suppose if i'm falling out of it, i'd trade kendall, but chavez is definitley a keeper. my bullpen is about to cost a lot more too at the end of the year.

made a variety of trades today. this is basically how i ended up:

IN

Livan Hernandez

Tim Spooneybarger

Chad Bentz

Top Prospect AAA Pitcher

Good AAA 3B

OUT

Scott Kazmir

Juan Cruz

Jesse Crain

Matt LeCroy

Some minor leaguers

as you can tell, i like to mess with my team. for all i know, these guys could be back sometime. its likely i'll be trading again soon. there's only a core of players on this team that i likely wont trade.

so what do we all think?

i take it you dont have the game.

you dont have a choice of exact wall specifics.

it's either high RF wall with average LF wall, or close, short LF wall.

also something interesting of note: in a game earlier today, marco scutaro ® hit an opposite field 3-run HR over the big RF wall.

... I'm talking about the one that's 310 down the LF line and 340 down the RF line...

JD Closser to Arizona for Robbie Hammock.

really hoping to trade kiko calero soon, possibly with duchscherer or maybe spooneybarger, because i'm pretty deep in the bullpen with chad bentz and brooks kieschnick in the minors.

rotation is solid so i don't feel like making changes there just yet.

nick swisher might be out the door if he doesn't stop complaining soon.

anyone care anymore or no?

Got tired of the team recently, and made quite a few changes

IN

OF Charles Thomas (again), RP Juan Cruz (again), RP Ryan Dempster, 2 minor league RP

OUT

OF Mark Kotsay, RP Justin Duchscherer, RP Jeremy Affeldt, RP Tim Spooneybarger, bitchy RP

Wanted to free up some cash ($5.5 mill in Kotsay, projected 900K in Duchscherer and another 700 in Affeldt). Coco Crisp moves to CF and now I can play Nick Swisher a lot more :)

Here's what the lineup looks like now.

Starting Lineup

C - Jason Kendall

1B - Lyle Overbay (vs. R)

2B - Keith Ginter (vs. R)/Marco Scutaro (vs. L)

SS - Bobby Crosby

3B - Eric Chavez

CF - Coco Crisp

Bench

1B - Dan Johnson

C - Robbie Hammock

3B/OF - Mike Cuddyer

Starting Rotation

Barry Zito - L

Rich Harden - R

Oliver Perez - L

Danny Haren - R

Joe Blanton - R

Bullpen

Long - Ryan Dempster ®

Middle - Juan Cruz ®

Middle - Chad Bentz (L)

Middle - Jairo Garcia ®

Setup - JC Romero (L)

Closer - Octavio Dotel ®

The trade deadline has come, and after falling 8 games back of Seattle in the AL West, I had to do something. The offense had really been struggling, so...

TO OAKLAND

2B Alfonso Soriano (on the block)

RP Chad Bradford (having a weak season, on the block)

3B/OF Casey Blake (on the block)

TO TAMPA BAY

2B Keith Ginter

RP Ryan Dempster

TO MINNESOTA

RP Chad Bentz

AAA 2nd Baseman

AAA Outfielder (who I think is Matt Watson)

The guys I got were fairly unhappy and it wasn't extremely hard to get them.

I''ve gone with one less guy in the bullpen, so it's shaping up like this for the last 2 months of the season:

Starting Lineup

C - Jason Kendall

1B - Lyle Overbay (vs. R)

2B - Alfonso Soriano

SS - Bobby Crosby

3B - Eric Chavez

CF - Coco Crisp

Bench

1B - Dan Johnson

C - Robbie Hammock

3B/OF - Mike Cuddyer

2B/SS - Marco Scutaro

3B/OF - Casey Blake

Starting Rotation

Barry Zito - L

Rich Harden - R

Oliver Perez - L

Danny Haren - R

Joe Blanton - R

Bullpen

Long - Juan Cruz ®

Middle - Chad Bradford ®

Middle - Jairo Garcia ®

Setup - JC Romero (L)

Closer - Octavio Dotel ®

Also, after losing 6 in a row (mostly because of my terrible hitting), I used it as an excuse to fire Ken Macha, and hired Tommy Lasorda (who I unlocked) with some of the extra money lying around.

After all of this, I still have a smaller payroll than before I traded Mark Kotsay.

Wish me luck now.

Archived