ResChanger Tool

rom3

I have MVP Baseball and multiple Total Classics seasons installed on my Windows 10 computer.  I am trying to change the game resolution to 1920 X 1200.  I have attempted this using the ResChanger tool.  For some reason, every time I run the utility it completes successfully but the new resolution never shows up in the game.  I have even tried using the AutoDetect feature.  The 1920 x 1200 resolution will not appear.  I am pointing the ResChanger tool to my MVP Baseball game directory.

I have also tried using the Hex Editor method to add the hex values for 1920 x 1200.  When doing this the game shows the 1920 x 1200 resolution but it crashes to the desktop when loading a new game using that resolution.  I have a new computer and a GeForce RTX 2060 video card which should easily handle this resolution.  I am using the original, unmodified mvp2005.exe file installed off of my game CDs.  I have tried all the suggestions throughout the forums on the topic.  I remember getting this to work in the past but could have been on a previous version of the Windows operating system.  I thought I would post here to see if anyone had any ideas.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ResChanger 1.JPG

ResChanger 2.JPG

Hex Editor 2.JPG

Hex Editor.JPG

Thanks for the information in regards to the 4GB Patch.  I thought for sure that would fix the problem.  However, I am still experiencing the same issues.  I will keep playing around with it and see if I can figure out the problem and get it to work.  Thanks!

I was able to fix the problem with the resolution.  Initially, I was trying to change the resolution to 1920 x 1200 which caused the game to keep crashing on my computer.  Instead, I used the hex editor to change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 (Hex: 80 07 00 00 B0 04) and now I am able to start games without a crash and the display looks a lot better.  I was also able to get the 1680 x 1050 resolution to work also, (Hex: 90 06 00 00 1A 04).  I also applied the 4GB patch before changing the resolution with the hex editor.  Thanks again for your help!

Archived