Pawtucket Redsox 05 Roster

Rottz

I just finished creating Redsox's AAA team, based on soxprospects.com projections and a bit of my own. I know it will prolly change in the next month or so, but should be fairly close. I was going to wait and release all 3 minor league teams, but AA and A needs to be created from scratch almost and will take awhile to create all the players.

I imported a few from 04 and created the rest of the players I couldn't find, used their past stats and scouting reports to try to figure out their attributes, which will prolly need more tweaking. The batting lineups and pitching rotation was setup is based on guesstimation and what I think it should be.

Just unzip and import team the .met file with MVPedit 2005.3

Check it out in the download section!

Batting Order

1 - Adam Hyzdu - CF

2 - Hanley Ramirez - SS

3 - Billy McMillon - RF

4 - Roberto Petagine - DH

5 - Dave McCarty - LF

6 - Jeff Bailey - 1B

7 - Kelly Shoppach - C

8 - Shawn Wooten - 3B

9 - Dave Berg - 2B

Bench

Simon Pond - 1B/OF

Lee Evans - C

Justin Sherrod - OF/DH

George Lombard - OF

Starting Rotation

Abe Alverez

Lenny DiNardo

John Stephens

Jermi Gonzalez

Phil Seibil

Long Reief

Kris Wilson

Scott Cassidy

Middle Relief

Jason Kershner

Mark Malaska

Setup

Joias Manzanillo

Closer

Anastacio Martinez

I had already made it, along with Portland and Wilmington, and have updated tendencies, appearences, ratings, etc as I watched the spring training games.

I was just waiting to watch some more games and take more notes before I released it to llmac for his roster...

I just finished creating Redsox's AAA team, based on soxprospects.com projections and a bit of my own. I know it will prolly change in the next month or so, but should be fairly close. I was going to wait and release all 3 minor league teams, but AA and A needs to be created from scratch almost and will take awhile to create all the players.

I imported a few from 04 and created the rest of the players I couldn't find, used their past stats and scouting reports to try to figure out their attributes, which will prolly need more tweaking. The batting lineups and pitching rotation was setup is based on guesstimation and what I think it should be.

Check it out in the download section!

Where does the file go exactly?

In the Globe today there was a piece by Shaughnessy (so take it with a grain of salt) that said Hanley was slated to start the year in AAA. I'm guessing he'll still be in AA, theo wouldn't be dumb enough to diminish his trade value like that. Like I said, take it with a grain of salt.

PSK, do you really think it would diminish Hanley's trade value to test the waters in AAA? If he struggles it will be attributed to his age and if he gets off to a hot start it will only add to his value. To hear guys like Renteria and Ortiz talk you'd think Hanley's ready for the show now--apparently he did pretty well in winter ball.

By the way, are you a SoSH member? Pretty sure I recognize the handle. I think there's a DaltonJones around here too, although that could be a coincidence.

Edited to add that I don't think there's actually that much of a leap in difficulty between AA and AAA--at least not as much as there is between other levels--probably because of the all the AAAA injury-filler teams stash in AAA.

so there's no other way to do that? It would seem like a waste to make all these changes to a roster, and then lose them when you want to use someone elses updated roster.

I see that different people are working on different teams, and it would be great just to merge them all together.

endeavor and all else who want to know how to use the file I uploaded....

You must have MVPedit 2005.3 (not .4 cuz I guess they're incompatible) and import the .met file by going to File > Import > Team > Select the .met file then you can select ADD or REPLACE, add will NOT overwrite and replace will. If you don't use MVPedit then you'll have to wait for a full roster with .dat files from someone else.

Pedro & Nam: Ya, I've been debating about putting Hanley in AAA because I think he is good enough, and will prolly be there by the end of the year anyways. But until I hear the offical word that management wants him in AAA then I'll keep him in AA roster.

Namtrah: Phil Siebel was resigned on 1/29/05 according to transactions list on soxprospects.com

Bodhiball: It's just the PawSox roster, not seadogs or bluerock, those rosters need major overhaul and will take some time to create.

hey Rottz...yeah, I know its only the PawSox. I am saying that I have done the Sea Dogs and the Blue Rocks, and was wondering if its possible to "merge" the rosters. I want to use your PawSox roster, but not have it overwrite the work that I ahve done on A and AA.

know what I mean?

hey Rottz...yeah, I know its only the PawSox. I am saying that I have done the Sea Dogs and the Blue Rocks, and was wondering if its possible to "merge" the rosters. I want to use your PawSox roster, but not have it overwrite the work that I ahve done on A and AA.

know what I mean?

You don't listen. Open up your roster with MVPedit, select his pawsox file in --file>import>team-- and select the Pawsox in that little menu, and hit replace. It won't effect your A and AA

And I already have Wilmington and the Sea Dogs done, and they are very accurate.

You don't listen. Open up your roster with MVPedit, select his pawsox file in --file>import>team-- and select the Pawsox in that little menu, and hit replace. It won't effect your A and AA

Thanks for clearifyng it for him! lol

And I already have Wilmington and the Sea Dogs done, and they are very accurate.

You keep saying that! Have you posted it anywhere? I don't wanna have to redo what you've already done. I just released the pawsox roster cause all the rosters I see for download were totally outdated. I think we're all working together to get all the minor league teams upto date for Llmac's roster project, no sense of repeating the work if its already been done.

Thanks for clearifyng it for him! lol

You keep saying that! Have you posted it anywhere? I don't wanna have to redo what you've already done. I just released the pawsox roster cause all the rosters I see for download were totally outdated. I think we're all working together to get all the minor league teams upto date for Llmac's roster project, no sense of repeating the work if its already been done.

I haven't posted it yet, as I still need to finish up the ratings, but I might want to wait on it. The reason for that is I made ALL of the players in AAA, AA, and High-A, so that's about 35 players per team. I haven't figured out what I should do since MVP only allows 25. I really don't want to knock them down a level for Wilmington only has 5 real players, but I don't want to just leave out players that are in AAA for I can have room for A players.

In the Globe today there was a piece by Shaughnessy (so take it with a grain of salt) that said Hanley was slated to start the year in AAA. I'm guessing he'll still be in AA, theo wouldn't be dumb enough to diminish his trade value like that. Like I said, take it with a grain of salt.

I didn't see Saughnessy's piece, but I was under the impression Hanley was almost a definite for Pawtucket, and that Theo wasn't giving any serious thought to trading him just yet. Hanley has made it very clear that he wants to be a part of the Boston Red Sox, and has said numerous times that he's not opposed to learning a new position.

My money is on Hanley starting in Pawtucket, staying in the system, and getting moved to 2B when Bellhorn is gone and Hanley is ready for the big show.

Also, I'm currently working on a mod for AAA3 to make give it some real ads, localized to New England. IMO AAA3 is the closest match to McCoy Stadium, despite the PawSox using AAA1 as the default home field. It's pretty clear that EA based AAA3 on McCoy if you look at the main entrance tower, the scoreboards in the gaps, and the seating arangements.

There's an outside chance I'll figure out OEdit enough to make it a little more like McCoy, with the high wall behind home plate.

Also, I'm currently working on a mod for AAA3 to make give it some real ads, localized to New England. IMO AAA3 is the closest match to McCoy Stadium, despite the PawSox using AAA1 as the default home field. It's pretty clear that EA based AAA3 on McCoy if you look at the main entrance tower, the scoreboards in the gaps, and the seating arangements.

There's an outside chance I'll figure out OEdit enough to make it a little more like McCoy, with the high wall behind home plate.

Nice! I am going in May, so I might be able to get some pictures for v.2 or whatever (Party in the left field pavillon tent!)

(If you need photos of McCoy for ads)

http://www.ballparkwatch.com/visits/pawtucket.htm

http://www.ballparkwatch.com/visits/pawtucket_2.htm

will it ever be possible to import the file with MVP edit .4?

Ya.....I finally broken down and jumped thru the hoops of installing 2005.4 and created a new .met file.

I uploaded it to the site here, using the modify button to upload v1.2 of it, but not sure its going to work. If you really want it, just PM with your email address and I'll send it to you.

Nice! I am going in May, so I might be able to get some pictures for v.2 or whatever (Party in the left field pavillon tent!)

(If you need photos of McCoy for ads)

http://www.ballparkwatch.com/visits/pawtucket.htm

http://www.ballparkwatch.com/visits/pawtucket_2.htm

Thanks for the links, but I'm way ahead of you. :wink: I've been using those links and a few others for the past few days. Right now I've got about half of the ads done, but I'm still not sure what I want to use for the two big ads on the scoreboard, and I need to figure out what to use for all the really small ads around the place.

edit: I've even got a version of the "Let's Hear it for the Home Team" Hasbro ad. 8)

Thanks for the links, but I'm way ahead of you. :wink: I've been using those links and a few others for the past few days. Right now I've got about half of the ads done, but I'm still not sure what I want to use for the two big ads on the scoreboard, and I need to figure out what to use for all the really small ads around the place.

edit: I've even got a version of the "Let's Hear it for the Home Team" Hasbro ad. 8)

Nice! I wasn't sure what stage of producing it you were on, so I posted those for help just in case. And make sure you do some O-editing- it will make it look so much better!

Archived