What kind of pitch counts are you guys getting?

GoChiefs

pitch for strikes...when i first got mvp i was just pitching for the out and i would only get about 1-2 pitchers per batter but then i started throwing a lot of balls and going deeper into the count hope this helps

That's probably not going to help.

Take for instance my last game. Usually the first time I face a hitter, I try to throw a fastball for a strike down and away. I did this in the first inning against the Angels, and the first three batters swung at the first pitch and hit weak fly balls to the outfield. Three pitches, three outs, inning over.

That never happened in high heat.

Take for instance my last game. Usually the first time I face a hitter, I try to throw a fastball for a strike down and away. I did this in the first inning against the Angels, and the first three batters swung at the first pitch and hit weak fly balls to the outfield. Three pitches, three outs, inning over.

turn the cpu contact to -25

I dont know dude, you said you throw first pitch fastball try another first pitch see which one they will most likely lay off of....because i get the first pitch strike i practically have the cpu by the balls lol

you will never get realistic pitch counts in this game, because there is not a realistic # of foul balls (as there is many in real life). because of this, we need to take the max pitch count down from 110 to about 70/80

Are you counting pitches by hand or am I just missing this feature in the game? The whole stamina precentage thing really doesn't do justice to the descision process that goes into sticking with or bringing in a new pitcher.

It would be nice to get a more accurate pitch count to real life, but I think they have a little more work to do in terms of foul balls. The patch addressed this to some extent, but I don't think anyone has taken or thrown 10 pitches with one batter (Not that I expect this for every batter or game, but it happens in real life quite often).

Are you counting pitches by hand or am I just missing this feature in the game? The whole stamina precentage thing really doesn't do justice to the descision process that goes into sticking with or bringing in a new pitcher.

It would be nice to get a more accurate pitch count to real life, but I think they have a little more work to do in terms of foul balls. The patch addressed this to some extent, but I don't think anyone has taken or thrown 10 pitches with one batter (Not that I expect this for every batter or game, but it happens in real life quite often).

if you pause the game it will tell you how many pitches the current pitcher has thrown

Alright, I'll try that when I get home! Do you find that your pitchers are consistant in their pitch counts, for instance do you have a good idea of how many pitches Pedro (or your favorite pitcher) throws before you have to really be careful about your timing?

Alright, I'll try that when I get home! Do you find that your pitchers are consistant in their pitch counts, for instance do you have a good idea of how many pitches Pedro (or your favorite pitcher) throws before you have to really be careful about your timing?

to be honest i dont much use the pitch count feature..heh

Not to sound mean, but that's your problem right there.

You can't always go for the first pitch strike. You have to fool the batter. Mix in some fastballs away. If you are doing a great job of mixing pitches and locations, the CPU will swing at balls.

I've had several occassions where the CPU swings at two fastballs low and away to make it a quick 0-2 count. Most of my strikeouts come on three pitch strikeouts, but a lot of the time I also mix balls and strikes.

You`ll be able to tell when your pitch meter starts changing the green gets smaller as your pitcher tires also the red zone at the bottom of the meter grows larger and its much harder to nail the sweet spot for me its around 50-70 pitches depending whos on the hill. or when the other team smacks every pitch the zone time to go to the pen.

While I understand your desire to want the gaem to be perfectly realiistic, you have to take into account that its still just a game, and the main fault in a game will be that it TOO accurate as far as pitching or batting.

The real dynamics of batting or hitting dont translate perfectly to game or it may get truly frustaring.

As far as my games go, I usually throw about 75 pitches with my starter and another 10-20 with my realiver. While the computer throws about 90-110 over all.

I don't ALWAYS go for the first pitch strike. Just in the first inning, or the first time through a lineup.

Can anyone tell me about lowering CPU contact to -25?

if you lower their contact, they will take more pitches. if you feel it's too easy to get strikeouts on allstar @ -25 then i don't know what to tell you. i usually get between 2 and 10 depending on the pitcher.

Archived