How do I get the default uniforms back?

schmitt316

• 2 weeks later...

On CD #2, in the data folder, there is a file called models.big. This file contains ALL of the uniforms. In your MVP Baseball 2004data folder, you will also find the file models.big (which was put there when you installed the game). When you installed the Astros uniforms, the batch file that came with the mod used the gfxpak utility to overwrite the default Astros uniforms inside your models.big file with the individual uniforms that made up the mod.

You can simply copy the models.big file from the data file on CD #2 to your MVP Baseball 2004data folder and you will get the default Astros uniforms back. The only downside to this is that you will also get every other default uniform (along with shoes and batting gloves) again.

If all you did was update the Astros uniforms (i.e. every other uniform was the default), then this solution will do exactly what you want. If you have previously installed newer uniforms, shoes, batting gloves, etc. and you simply want to get the Astros uniforms back then this solution will not work for you (unless you don't mind re-installing any of the uniform mods that you DO want).

Other than that, the only way to update the models.big file and get the Astros uniforms back to defaults, but keep any other uniform mods that you installed would be to extract the default Astros uniforms from the models.big file on the CD (using gfxpak) and then update the models.big file in your MVP Baseball 2004data folder with the default Astros uniforms.

I've never done this before, but I played around a bit with gfxpak and I think this will work for you. Here's what you need to do:

1. First (AND MOST IMPORTANTLY!!) backup the current models.big file that is in your MVP Baseball 2004data folder. This way if this doesn't work, you have a way to get back what you had. That's why every mod readme file tells you to do this.

2. Copy the models.big file from the data folder on CD #2 to a temporary folder on your PC.

3. Copy gfxpak.exe (which is usually included in any uniform or stadium mod) to the temporary folder where you put the models.big file from the CD.

4. Open up a DOS window (also called "Command Prompt" for those to old to remember DOS :D ).

5. Go to the folder where you put gfxpak.exe and the models.big file from the CD.

6. Type in the command gfxpak -u models.big u021a.fsh u021b.fsh u021c.fsh u021d.fsh This will extract the 4 default Astros uniforms.

7. Now copy the 4 .fsh files to your Program Files EA Sports MVP Baseball 2004 data folder.

8. Go to the MVP Baseball 2004 folder and type in the command gfxpak -p models.big u021a.fsh u021b.fsh u021c.fsh u021d.fsh This will now overwrite your models.big file with the default Astros uniforms.

9. Once gfxpak finishes, your models.big file now contains the default Astros uniforms. You can now delete the 4 .fsh files as well as the temporary folder that you created.

10. Try it out and if this didn't work, you've still got your backed up file or you can copy the default models.big file from the CD and reinstall any of the uniform mods you want.

Good luck,

- Jim

Archived