Jersey Green Screen Issue

jvavrik97

Hi all, so I have been following this community a lot, and a lot of the work I had been doing just wasn't ever good enough or relevant enough for me to post. But with the extra time I have had lately, I decided to look into updating some minor league uniforms - there are many still that need some updates or complete overhauls. I have been following the guide posted way back in the day by DonSPa. As this is my first time attempting uniforms, I have been following that guide pretty close as I learn how to do everything. I have gotten pretty far in my attempt at the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp (now the AAA affiliate of the Marlins) home uniform and have encountered a problem. Specifically with the greenscreen updates based on the new element I have updated. While with uniforms and caps I have been able to find existing green screens of both that have almost no logos on them (thus allowing the method DonSPa lays out to work perfectly) the same cannot be said of number templates (and I assume letters if I ever need to update those). The number shapes for the Jumbo Shrimp are unique and I want to make sure I can capture that on the Jersey. However when I transform the new numbers into the greenscreen (by using overlay in photoshop like the guide says) I get the impression of the original letters showing up on top of the new ones. This obviously leads to wonky texturing on the numbers on the back of the jersey. While really diving into textures is something I would like to do a little more in the future, I haven't quite gotten there yet. I am only a few days into this. 

I will attach an image from the mod tool of what that overlap looks like as well as an image of the jerseys so far (so you can see that some of this process has worked at least, lol)

I have searched the forums for this, but there are so many posts and what I'm looking for is so specific it has been difficult to pinpoint any of this info if it exists in some post somewhere already. If it does already exist and I am beating a dead horse here, I apologize greatly for wasting everyone's time.

Thank you for any and all help!    

green screen.png

2021.03.08-23.09.png

Gosh darn it. As always seems to happen when I post asking for help, I figure it out like... 5 minutes late. I'm so sorry for the disturbance everyone. Hopefully I will be able to have some version of both unis updated and posted in the next day or so. At the very least that way I can look for actual feedback about the quality of the work, and what. Again, my apologies for being stupid and figuring out my issue AFTER I make a stink about it

I guess to follow up with an actual question. When working on any image that you want to have a certain texture in the uniform - in this case the numbers, but also potentially a logo - how do you add texture to it? In looking through examples of jerseys that do so, it appears to be specific to the green screen, but I'm curious how to get this affect. Is it something that has to be done to each number individually? Or can it be done to all at once somehow? I am not opposed to taking time to work on it for each individual letter, but how you get that ripple pattern that makes it look like they do I jersey's I haven't yet figured out 

I have attached a picture of the texture I'm looking to recreate

texture.jpg

Archived