Kamasutra Combo DataFile Mod - Official Feedback Thread

Kamasutra

wassup, never edited the datafile before. Only slight knowledge of it.

Step 3: Edit the values

These lines contain many different values for the camera angles.

The field for the values begin with the number for the field, then the value like so:

[Field Number] value;

can you clarify that?

wassup, never edited the datafile before. Only slight knowledge of it.

Step 3: Edit the values

These lines contain many different values for the camera angles.

The field for the values begin with the number for the field, then the value like so:

[Field Number] value;

can you clarify that?

yes field number (example: 52) refers to the field name.

check the line above...

you have a field name (ie: FOV) preceeded by a number (ie:52)

on the line below is the field number (52) for that field (FOV) and then the value ..

result 52 3.00;

Kam,

I finally got it to work. I disabled my real-time protection on my virus software and it worked like a charm. I was only able to play two games but the one thing I noticed was the ball seems to be hit much harder than when I was using Rod's V4 datafile. I'm playing on MVP level with your sliders. Could it be the slider settings for pitch speed? In general this is a GREAT mod. Great work Kam.

For whatever reason I'm still having trouble getting both the tweaks segment to work with the camera pack options.

I can use the camera pack option as long as I don't also load the datafile tweaks....and....I can use the datafile tweaks as long as I don't indicate a camera pack option.

I assume I am using the tweak option since I don't hear a call when a ball is thrown.....When using both tweak and camera option I seem to only get the default camera (that is, fixed pitchers view from behind the mound and close-up batters view from behind the batter).

Very strange but I can't seem to request both a tweak option and camera option and have them both work as programmed.....I still use Win 98 SE but that shouldn't be a problem since I read that beta testers also tried with Win 98.

I really, really like what has been done with this program and will continue to try various options but so far .....No luck!

Regardless, Kamasutra, you are to be congratulated on providing such a great program for us to use.

I know this, I won't give up without a fight!!! :banghead: :banghead:

KS,

Im loving it

Any way you can hack into the slider settings so we can set em from outside the game?

Thanks Sq :D

Funny you ask i've been thinking of doing that at some point. Haven't seriously taken a look. My guess is they are in the .sav file which there's not much we can do about at this point.. But I'll look into it.

Could it be the slider settings for pitch speed?

Glad you got it to work.

yes, that could just be it. I noticed from other ppl's sliders one major difference is alot of gamers put the pitch speed much more down (i've seen up to -25). I think Ron himself suggest around -15..not sure.

The pitcher's effectivness was balanced in the tweaks so that could be it, just reduce the pitch speed until you're at ease. BTW, another thing I noticed from the testers: By pulling back the batting cam, your reaction time needs to be quicker.. some said they feel the pitches are coming faster.. It's really just getting used to the camera angle.

I've moded the cameras so much that I'm effective at any angle. Just a matter of adapting: I suggest if you use no-strike zone (like me) put the strike zone on, it will give you a good reference point when batting with the camera pulled back.

For whatever reason I'm still having trouble getting both the tweaks segment to work with the camera pack options.

Sorry to hear that :( can you be specific as to which cameras & which level of tweak?

I've had 1 person comment that they would like so and so level with the broadcast music removedd & with this particular cam....etc..

Bottom line: in theory, there are hundreds (thousands?) of combinations, so the choice is narrowed down, out of necessity.

But if you're selecting a tweak level then a camera pack (as the menu suggests) you can be sure that tweaks ARE applied. They might not seem obvious on level 1, but on 2, 3 and RodData, they are definitly there :D

I usualy have very close games on level 3 or RodData.

The only time you will get default cams is if you choose 4 as the option for cameras..

Let me know if you I can be of help..

The KamMan Kan...........Wow what a great mod!

I just want to say thanks for elevating the game experience when playing MVP basball. You and the other modders along with EA's patch have made MVP the best BB game this year.

O.K......Here's what I learned after playing around with all the options...

#1...No matter what combination of tweaks and camera packs I load, the only camera shots I get are those that (I assume) are in default (behind pitcher fixed and close-up view behind batter).

#2...I am able to use camera pack options ONLY IF I don't load a tweak (camera pack only)....However, I (when using pack #2 for example) get the PIP when missing a pitch.

#3...Also, I am able to use the camera pack options when I select the "RodData v4" option.

For whatever reason, I cannot view any of the camera pack options in consort with a tweak......Why this is, I don't have a clue unless it has something to do with the fact, I already had the RodData 4 file loaded in MVP 2004.

Mind boggling that is for sure...and the mystery continues :!:

#1...No matter what combination of tweaks and camera packs I load, the only camera shots I get are those that (I assume) are in default (behind pitcher fixed and close-up view behind batter).

ar you selecting your visual options in game?: 5/3 for pitching/batting

arial for fielding.

Btw, the default ea for reversed is NOT fixed (it's angled, and switches lhb/rhb).

#2...I am able to use camera pack options ONLY IF I don't load a tweak (camera pack only)....However, I (when using pack #2 for example) get the PIP when missing a pitch.

i don't get this..what pip? also i don't get how you can use a camera without a tweak, since to use a camera, you go through the level selections first (ie: level 1,2,3 roddata). The only way is with option 5 (cameras only).

Are you saying that when you choose 1-4, the menu disappears?

#3...Also, I am able to use the camera pack options when I select the "RodData v4" option.

For whatever reason, I cannot view any of the camera pack options in consort with a tweak......

so basicaly, you cannot get camera options for levels 1 through 3?

KS,

One more ques for you bro,

Any chance you will give those of us who mod the datafile ourselves the ability to add our dataset and camera preferences to your Tweaker..so we can have that as a choice as well?

SQ: that's been my plan to do.

unless kama is going to make an interface for it and so on, then he might as well do it since he's pretty much well established in this whole camera shindig.

NOW THAT is what im talkin about... Show some love here fellas....This is yet ANOTHER thing i cant wait for..... 8)

ar you selecting your visual options in game?: 5/3 for pitching/batting

arial for fielding.

Btw, the default ea for reversed is NOT fixed (it's angled, and switches lhb/rhb).

Yes, selecting 5/3 for pitching/batting and arial for fielding.

i don't get this..what pip? also i don't get how you can use a camera without a tweak, since to use a camera, you go through the level selections first (ie: level 1,2,3 roddata). The only way is with option 5 (cameras only).

Are you saying that when you choose 1-4, the menu disappears?

No, the menu does not disappear....I meant to say, I can only view the various camera packs when playing the game by selecting "Option 5--cameras only".

By PIP I mean the check swing picture shows up when I play with "cameras only"....Camera pack 1,2 and 3 all have the check swing camera

so basicaly, you cannot get camera options for levels 1 through 3?

Correct....If I select a tweak, then regardless of the camera pack I always get the same views, which look identical to the views you offer in the camera 1 pack.....I do not get the camera 2 or 3 pack views once I have selected a tweak.

The only times I can play a game using camera pack 2 and 3 is by requesting "camera only" (and then I also get the check swing view).....OR...by selecting RodData v4 (with NO check swing view) rather than tweak 1,2 or 3.

Very strange indeed......

Regardless of my problem, I think you have developed a super program for us to use and I thank you.......

I'll keep playing around with everything....Heck, I still can use your tweaks and I still can use your camera packs.....I just can't use both at the same time. :(

KS,

One more ques for you bro,

Any chance you will give those of us who mod the datafile ourselves the ability to add our dataset and camera preferences to your Tweaker..so we can have that as a choice as well?

as fuzz said, he's gonna look into that.

For me, to be perfectly honest, if i see one more line with a series of xyz coordinates, i'm gonna puke. So it's unlikely i'll be taking on a project lat that, sorry.

When I'm looking for something to change in mvp2004, I try to do something different than the last project or something I want to see in the game. right now I'm just messing around with converting classic stadiums for AA & AAA teams.

Something I WOULD like to see, and fuzzone once said he'd work on this, is a way to export all the stats from MVP2004 for your dynasty.

That and a tiny spreadsheet application that contains all the players attributes, so trading would be easy. Both Madden & NHL series had these addons..

Maybe fuzz will work on that.

TKS: i don't know what to say. It works for the others, try the updated pack maybe. I wonder what OS you are using. Because the data pack uses dos native commands that are not present in xp but I made them compatible.

If you have nt or 2000, that could be a problem. Other than that, try the update :D

Oh btw, in case ppl didn't see, and update is now available which:

adds Chucks cameras

adds Trues camera to "no tweaks"

adds default cameras to level 3 & roddata4

fixes a crash bug with level 1 & far cameras.

Archived