How do I get my Xbox Controller to work on MVP 2004 PC?

Guest Deznuts

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have set it up that way if I could. Those triggers don't act right for anything but menus, strangely. You can try and get back to me.. those are button 11 and 12 respectively, left to right.

I would have set it up that way if I could. Those triggers don't act right for anything but menus, strangely. You can try and get back to me.. those are button 11 and 12 respectively, left to right.

yes there buttons 11 (L trigger) 12 (R trigger) but they do work for some things as i have button 12 set as cutoff man and it works.

I just wanted to bring this topic up again for a small question.

What do I change in order to have two XBox controllers supported in the game?

I have the SmartJoy Box 10, which has two ports for two controllers.

Also, has anyone had success mapping the buttons on the XBox controller so it plays exactly like it would on the XBox version? (so you wouldn't have to play without being able to pickoff or intentionally walk someone?)

Thx.

WELL, if you had read anything I wrote, you'd know that I CAN pick people off AND intentionally walk people (if I map it). Go edit your controller.cfg and do some trial and error.

Once you've done that, simply duplicate your current joystick entry in the controller config and change the 'player' to '2'.

The problem here is that you are asking questions that have been already answered here in this very post and on numerous other forums, including EA's.

And that's why you get the 'attitude' as you put it, Mr. Sensitive. :banghead:

:twisted: ;)

Alright...

Wretch, well, you did help me in one way or another. I see now the problems with the triggers, they're completely useless. :(

I apologize for being "sensitive" as you put it, I was only checking to see if anyone had pursued the matter further and found any sort of breathrough.

Either way, I see a PSX adapter is the only way to avoid the logitech junk.

Yeah, the trigger buttons don't work right for gameplay functions. If anyone figures out a way to turn these pressure-sensitive buttons into normal buttons via mapping software, let us know.

Sorry to have criticised you as being sensitive, snake. I just don't like it when it seems like people don't read or use the search button in forums.

Radio Shack says this:

Radio Shack USB-PSX Adapter

1) Click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type joy.cpl.

Make a note of what the name of the controller is.

2) Click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type regedit.

3) Registry Hack

Make your way to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet001ControlMediaPropertiesPrivatePropertiesJoystickOEM

You'll see a bunch of entries like VID_045E&PID_000XXXX and when you click on it, it should have the name of a controller in the right pane.

Keep going down the list until the controller that has the same name from joy.cpl, it should be the last entry.

Delete the description for that window on the right window and rename it to Logitech Dual Action.

4) You don't need a special controller.cfg file for this one.

What does it mean "Delete the drscription for that window on the right window and rename it?" "Description" isn't a label... In the right window there is 'name', 'type', and 'data'....

Archived