K.S.M DATAFILE GAMEPLAY@ NEW CAMERS V0.55 [FOX2] ????

daltonjones

just the way the camera rotates around the batter when he walks up to the plate. Also its a whole different fielding cam which kinda make you feel closer to the plays and stuff.

I also love the new pitching cam from behind the pitcher, like way back when in Bases loaded :) DL it and give it a try.

Yeah, the cameras, animation tweaks and ball rotation speed work he did is fantastic.

I'm a little worried about the dynamics of the game, though... I think he altered some stuff in the datafile that has to do with the CPU's contact and both CPU/User's pitching control, making them much more 'relaxed' and thus easier, even while playing at MVP difficulty.

Hmmm... the cameras are really good, though the batting view #4 and pitching cams #6 could be adjusted a little bit. The former, to avoid any clipping of the batter' shoes and to give it a feeling that one is just a little above ground level; the latter, to avoid showing a runner when he's on 2B (ugly ***, low-texture model looks awful).

I don't know how, but my game is running almost stutter-free now. Some of the new perspectives really eliminate the few instances where there was some stuttering left in my game. It's quite notorious with throws from 3B/SS to 1B and from the corner OFs.

The 'batter walk-up' cameras are great. The 'panning' effect he added to some of them give the game a more realistic feeling. The same also applies with the pan shots of the stadium presented between innings. Excellent job here.

Some animations are running faster (and thus, more fluidly) now. For example, I noticed that my 2B and SS get rid of the ball with more snap now. This is also noticeable when the OFs pick any rolling balls and throw them back to the infield.

Now, after playing 8 games with these, I've come to the following conclusions:

1) The speed of the ball feels even better now. It rolls more realistically, it bounces a bit more realistically and when hit, it looks more snappier now.

2) The contact, pitching control, stamina levels and a few other things changed by these datafiles shouldn't have been touched. They were fine before, but now, even at MVP difficulty and with a very good and balanced set of sliders, the game plays easier. I wasn't able to throw many balls and give up any walks unless I really put a lot of effort into it (and this with the pitching meter control in -45 and User Pitcher Control with values ranging from -25 to -45). Not a good thing for those looking for 'real' (or at least, closer to 'real') K/BB ratios.

3) I had a really easy time hitting against the CPU. Even when facing top-tier pitchers, I was able to hit at will and I'd even go as far as saying that I 'dominate' them (if that's even possible). Not a good thing either.

4) The CPU didn't attempt a single SB vs me during the last 3 games I played. There were speedy players in the CPU's teams, but not a single SB attempt. Again, not a good thing.

We need to dig deeper into these changes. It's a pity that KSM can't speak English.

I'm going to keep checking his datafiles. I'd love to be able to find out the exact changes he did camera and animation wise and copy them to my customized datafile (Trues+Pared2+Spitoon).

Archived