LA Dodgers Dynasty

daniel80111

Ok, I made some trades already. The biggest one was Edwin Jackson and a scrub for Joe Mauer and a scrub. Also I traded for Delmon Young. I need some advice on who can help my team. I have trouble hitting right now with the Dodgers lineup. Anyone can be traded except Joe Mauer. I want some young prodigies such as BJ Upton. But can anyone tell me which players I can actually trade for that can help my team. Preferably a blockbuster deal.

Preferably a blockbuster deal.

That would have to involve either Perez, J.D. Drew or Jeff Kent. Im assuming you want to keep Gagne. But still, take more time before you trade big, Drew and Kent are excellent additions to the Dodgers. Wait 'til the ALL-STAR break.

Ok, so here is an update...I traded for BJ Upton by giving up Jeff Weaver and Kaz Ishii. I also unloaded Jeff Kent and picked up Chipper Jones, even though his contract is a salary buster. I did this because I had to move Cezar Izturis to 2nd base to play BJ Upton at SS. So Jeff Kent had nowhere to go and I traded him because he was old. This helps my team, but I want some instant success, and getting Upton and having Mauer only helps my future. Who can make an instant impact on my team that I can trade for giving up anyone other than Gagne, Drew, Mauer and Upton. I tried to get Johan Santana. Its not possible to get him, haha.

BJ Upton becomes freakish after a year or two, I think he was at 100 contact and 97 speed for me. Just make sure you focus on using one of your Mini game slots on him, and then he'll start increasing rapidly. In my Nationals dynasty, I traded for Scott Kazmir, Dontrelle Willis, BJ Upton and Kevin Youkilis to get a cheap core group of people for the future, and they all proceeded to increase dramatically. Willis had the least change, but even his fastball was up in the high 90s ranking, so that was a plus.

I was able to get Santana after some crazy trade, I can't remember what it was. I think it involved Livan Hernandez and two of my young prospects that I picked up off of free agency. I wasn't that thrilled with his numbers, so right at the trading deadline I traded him for Ben Sheets, which worked out well and saved a few millions.

Hey thanks for the help guys. I had a blockbuster deal. I traded for Todd Helton by trading Odalis Perez, Scott Erickson, and Wilson Alvarez...Now my pitching staff absolutely sucks, but Todd Helton is an absolute beast, he gets paid a lot though, at about 15 mill a year for 5 more years, but Todd is worth it I think. Do your minor league prospects ever get that much better? For me guys like Joel Guzman, Chad Billingsly? And how much better does Joe Mauer get? Because if he doesnt become that good I'm thinking about trading him.

Archived