Help with MVPEdit

golftriber1

I've searched through all of the forums here and haven't found an answer to my problem. I'm using llcmac and hypnoxxx's 3.5 rosters and would like to get them into the MVP Edit program to make roster moves, send guys up&down, edit certain players, etc. I have no clue at this point in how to do that. I'm used to using High Heat Edit where you DL a certain roster, load it into your "Save" folder and then open it in HH Edit. With MVP Edit, I'm clueless. I'd appreciate if someone could give me a step by step description in how to do this. I'd very much appreciate it. Thanks.

I'm still not understanding guys. Here's what I'm doing: I open up MVP Edit, click on Import, go to the Data directory in the MVP 2005 game directory, click on Database and it appears to be empty. I get the smaller box named "Save MBE file" and within that the Save in: MVPEdit. Then down at the bottom of this box is a blank white box Filename:

Save as type: MVP Baseball Editor Files (*.mbe)

I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Finally!! Success! I simply put "llcmac and hypnoxxx 3.5" in the filename box and bingo, it made that roster set into an .mbe file. Now I have one more question and then I think I'm all set for now: Whenever I now do editing on this roster or make changes of any type, do I have to export it back into the MVP data/database folder each time?

Actually you can name the file anything you like. & save it. (it does not matter what you name the .mbe file)

As far as your question, yes you do. The reason is, if you don't, it will indeed save your changes to the .mbe file, but since you have not exported that info into your game, the game will not know what you did. (the .mbe file you made is not part of your game files so the game does not read that information)

However in the interest of saving yourself some time, I advise you to only do it right before you plan on playing a game, this will help in the sense of you will not need the game to know the info you changed till you actually play it. (Then you can do multiple edits without having to import each time)

Archived