Yellow Submarines

KenDammit

I throw a solid fastball in the mid to upper 80s (I broke 90 once :-D). Change up is about 70 mph. I throw 4 seam, 2 seam with, 2 seam across, cutter, knucklecurve(Not the "F U pitch" but a REAL knucklecurve), regular curve, star change, straight change, palm ball, splitter. All from 3 arm angles. So far I have been very effective at my level of play.

mvpmodder,

Why are you throwing all that junk at the high school level if you are throwing in the upper 80s? At the high school level, you should be able to dominate if you can hit decent spots with two pitches. Hmmmm, sounds like you could use a good pitching coach.

no doubt, sidewinder. You're only doing damage to your arm by throwing all that. If you're throwing at 90 in high school you could dominate with fastball variations and a changeup or a curve. I don't recommend the slot changing to anyone, it will only mess with your shoulder later in you career. My opinion is that you're throwing far too much junk, as anyone can throw anything if they try, but if you're using all those, you're just wasting yourself.

Work on hitting your spots, changing speeds, and getting into the habit of having a consistent motion and good mechanics. Your control and your strikeout ratio will only improve by this. Drop all the junk pitches and focus on making three of them as effective as possible and use a 4th to kinda help you along.

Archived