I hit too many HRs.

NY_Yankees

I use Pareds AS sliders. The only thing I adjusted was pitching so it's a little easier for me... That and I have contact on 0, power is -45. I barely get basehits. Its either a flyout, or a HR.

I'm 7-4 with the A's. Kendall has 8, Chavez has 8, Kotsay has 6, Crosby has 4, and the others have between 1-3. Where as the rest of the players on other teams have 3 or 4 at most. At this pace, my whole team will be allstars. I dont want that.

Homeruns are fun, but not when my whole team can out slug the Cardinals, Yankees, and Red Sox.

So what should I adjust my sliders to? I wanna get on base more than relying on the longball to win everytime.

Hmmm... I really don't know how some of you guys have that kind of stats, hehehe.

Anyway, my question to you is... are you using any version of KSM's datafiles? if so, try to ditch them as they tend to kind of 'dumb down' the game.

If not, well, I don't know... maybe you should stop AIMING UP so frequently ;)?

Hmmm... I really don't know how some of you guys have that kind of stats, hehehe.

Anyway, my question to you is... are you using any version of KSM's datafiles? if so, try to ditch them as they tend to kind of 'dumb down' the game.

If not, well, I don't know... maybe you should stop AIMING UP so frequently ;)?

H, could you please elaborate on how the KSM mods "dumb down" the game? Curious because I am using them, but my problem is I'm not getting any homeruns, and not striking out anyone, and anything over the plate the CPU rocks...I'm using Pared's All-star sliders sort of as a template, and tweaking them a bit to get it just right.

Well, based on my experience, his datafiles (the majority of them) mess up the 'dynamics' of the game way too much... the cams are awesome, but the 'experience' of the game takes a hit.

One of the things I noticed was that throwing strikes was waaaaay too easy with them, even when combined with a hard set of sliders and Spitoon's Pitcher Meter mod, and thus, the CPU can feast on any of your pitchers.

Also, User contact appears to be tweaked beyond recognition as even against the most ferocious pitcher you're able to hit at will.

There are a few other things, but I've already mentioned them in another thread.

If you have any comments, please feel free to post them... I'd like to listen to any other opinions concerning this.

i'm using pareds sliders only, and i lowered contact to -20 and power to -10 and now i'm gettting a fairly realistic amount of hits and homers. I probably get 4-15 hits per game and 0-3 homers per game...it varies and every one of my games is different

I too am playing around with the sliders to try to produce less HR's and more hits in general. It seems like I get 8 - 10 hits per game.... 1/2 HR's and 1/2 singles. I'm working on reducing the power of course to cut down on the HR's and playing with lowering the IF / OF speed to produce more extra base hits.

This worked well for me in 2004 until I finally found settings that were satisfactory. Keep tinkering until perfection.

My settings: ON ALL-STAR

Pitching meter difficulty: -40

USER BATTING POWER: 50(if you want HR without analog control)

User Batting Contact: i've never really gotten better with that, but i leave 0

CPU swing frequency: -35

Cpu Ball rate: about -10

User/CPU pitch control: -15

I've always wanted to hit homeruns without aiming up with the analog. If u square the ball right on time then it should be a HR... :twisted:

Archived