Hitting Advice

mrg1

I seem unable to ever hit home runs on pitches low in the strike zone, even with good low-ball hitters. If a pitcher throws a fat pitch low in the zone (those bad pitches where the location of the pitch is shown) is it best to hold down on the control stick to match the location of the pitch, or hold up to try to hit a fly ball?

Thanks for any advice

I seem unable to ever hit home runs on pitches low in the strike zone, even with good low-ball hitters. If a pitcher throws a fat pitch low in the zone (those bad pitches where the location of the pitch is shown) is it best to hold down on the control stick to match the location of the pitch, or hold up to try to hit a fly ball?

Thanks for any advice

dont get confuse with High Heat.

you dont aim where the ball is located.

read the hitting strategy for mvp 2005.

well the manual says that you should press left for pitches in the left of the strike zone and right for pitches in the right part, and that pressing up makes it hard to hit low pitches.

just like in real life, the location of the pitch is often correlated to where it ends up being hit.

my issue is that i cant ever hit low pitches for any power, even if its a fat pitch

it really isnt that simple

put the difficulty on MVP, hold inside and up, and watch yourself pop up or weakly ground out every pitch thats down and away.

yes, it works in the home run derby and maybe on rookie difficulty, but im talking about in a real game

well the manual says that you should press left for pitches in the left of the strike zone and right for pitches in the right part, and that pressing up makes it hard to hit low pitches.

just like in real life, the location of the pitch is often correlated to where it ends up being hit.

my issue is that i cant ever hit low pitches for any power, even if its a fat pitch

but read the hitting tip in the manual too. page 12

it says

"Pure Swing system tells hitter how to hit the ball, not where to swing.

For example, pressing the left analog stick up for a high pitch perform an uppercut swing. It doesnt aim for the pitch up in the zone."

i really suggest you read that hitting guide strategy for MVP 2005. it explains it more than the manual.

http://www.theperfectgame.net/forums/index...?showtopic=1398

One more question...

when i bat, i usually choose the direction i hold the control stick while the pitch is on the way. is that bad strategy? do most people pick a direction beforehand and just stick to it?

Archived