wow, anybody notice the shortstops?

jbmagicfan

yea, i had the same problem in 2004. its highly unrealisitic. besides the cpu doing it, when balls are hitt shallow outfield and you have fielding on manual it will auto switch to your second baseman or shortstop. Switching players is a ***** cus i often switch to the wrong player, so i really have no choice but to use my infielders to get pop flies in the OF. I guess the way to solve this would be to slow infielder speed on the sliders, but then that might just make more hits if the outfielders aren't willing to take the flies.

There is no rule that says an infielder can't go out to catch a fly ball but if I had put as much effort into coming in on a ball as the players do in this game I would have been cut from my college team my freshman year. The infielders show way too much range, often times going 30 or 40 feet into the outfield grass to make a play. How often can you honestly say you see an infielder run that far in a real game on a fly ball? It should only happen when the outfield is positioned especially deep and there is a shallow fly. There are some games where I have seen it happen a half-dozen times, which is unrealistic and frustrating.

There is no rule that says an infielder can't go out to catch a fly ball but if I had put as much effort into coming in on a ball as the players do in this game I would have been cut from my college team my freshman year. The infielders show way too much range, often times going 30 or 40 feet into the outfield grass to make a play. How often can you honestly say you see an infielder run that far in a real game on a fly ball? It should only happen when the outfield is positioned especially deep and there is a shallow fly. There are some games where I have seen it happen a half-dozen times, which is unrealistic and frustrating.

For that reason, I turned down the CPU Infielders speed to like -7

Does this seem to help the issue?

yes to an extent. They still seem to wander out too far, but just are not able to get to some of them. I mainly did it because I would hit a rocket in the hole, and the 2B or SS would get to it way too easily. Now, more of those rockets up the middle or in the hole get through, but not so many as to make it unrealistic.

cool

so the CPU OF and IF Speed sliders works for automatic and assisted.

that great news. maybe this will help make the 1st base, 2nd base, ss, to not go out all the way close to the outfield to make a catch.

maybe setting CPU OF and IF Speed sliders to -5 if you use automatic or assisted can help that.

cool

so the CPU OF and IF Speed sliders works for automatic and assisted.

that great news. maybe this will help make the 1st base, 2nd base, ss, to not go out all the way close to the outfield to make a catch.

maybe setting CPU OF and IF Speed sliders to -5 if you use automatic or assisted can help that.

They seem to somewhat for me, like I said.

Archived