Bug?: Out when there's no tag

excremento

I've seen this four of five times, and it's starting to get really upsetting. There will be a tag play, such as a runner stealing a base or a play at the plate. The throw will appear to beat the runner, but the runner will be out.

The problem is that there is no tag made. In fact, it doesn't even seem that the fielder will try to make a tag, because the runner will already be called out.

Now, I suppose the coding could be such that the animation doesn't accurately reflect the number crunching happening in the CPU.

But come on! When the glove doesn't get closer than three or four inches from the runner, I say the runner is safe.

So, is this a bug, something that can be fixed, or just something sucky?

I saw this once at home. It worked for me though as it was not my player thrown out at home.

On another note. I have had problems with tags at second on steal attempts. I had a guy out by a three feet at least and the throw was on the money. Problem my fielder lifted his glove then made a large sweeping motion to lay the tag. Had he just left his glove there the guy would have been DOA.

Archived