Need baserunning controller help

markprior22

On the PC version, using a Logitech Dual Action controller, how do you make only one runner advance on the bases (i.e. going from 1st to 3rd on a single)? I keep hitting the advance all button and running into stupid outs. BTW, this controller is similar to the PS2 controller if that helps. I really appreciate any help.

on mine the right stick gives leads.. The d pad corresponds with the base pattern (north is 2nd etc, east is 1st etc).. and the buttons correspond with base runners.. So to make a guy steal on 1st I would hit the far right button, tap right stick 1 or 2 times to the lef depending on how much lead i want, then you can que up the base steal by pushing up on the pad.. once the pitcher starts his wind the baserunner will take off .... its pretty great and took me a few tries to get the hang of... far more advanced than any base stealing in any game ive ever played...

Make sure you look through through your control options on that too . I had to set mine up from default to work like that.

use the Digital pad to advance a single runner, just figured it out a few days ago :) I also had your same problem. I have the same pad as you also.

make sure you have the runner you want to advance highlighted and just hit the D-pad to the base you want him to run too. Hope this helped some.

I think the nature of thier pathing is pretty pre-determined.. prolly by the agressivness value.. Theres really no way to just plain stop them that I can figure out.. Seems on a deep fly the Ichiro's will go all the way to second and run back while the snails will just kinda stand there

man, how do u stop baserunners from running, like lets say i want to stop him between first and second?

Thanks for your help guys. I've tried the d-pad and it works like a charm. Shoulda figured that one out.

I don't think you can "stop" a guy on the basepaths but you can send a runner back by using the d-pad for a specific runner or retreat all by using the right trigger.

Thanks for your help guys. I've tried the d-pad and it works like a charm. Shoulda figured that one out.

I don't think you can "stop" a guy on the basepaths but you can send a runner back by using the d-pad for a specific runner or retreat all by using the right trigger.

its all in the manual.

Archived