Player Detail Worked - Now it Doesn't - Please Help

lineshot

This is slightly different than other threads regarding the player detail level stuck on low.

I just installed a new ATI Radeon 9250 (basically a 9200 Pro card) graphics card last night. It was time for an upgrade anyway.

Installed the card, fired up the game, and sure enough, I could set the detail level to HIGH. Glory hallelujah!!! Set some other things on high, helmet reflections on, the whole nine yards. Played a game, and oh baby did it look nice. Fun to play, no real stuttering or glitches. Smooth and nice looking. And I was happy :D

Shut the game down, do a few things on the computer. Fire the game up again later to play a little more - SHEEEIT! The players eyes are all freaked out, players look crappy - what the heck! Player detail level is locked on LOW again! AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH! 8O :? :( :cry:

Restarted the computer - still stuck on LOW. :cry:

What is going on here!?!?! Why would the game let me adjust the player detail levels right after I installed the new card, but not after shutting down the game and then restarting the game? Does too much memory get tied up? Probably not, since restarting the computer doesn't help either - still locked on LOW! This is an ATI 9250 128mb card for heavens sake! Not even a GeForce MX that EA is saying is the problem! Now my computer meets the minimum requirements barely - 800mhz, 256RAM - but it does meet them. And - the game ran just great - smooth as silk (almost) when I had player detail set to HIGH and other stuff set high. C'mon EA, this REALLY needs to be addressed in a patch. If a computer meets the minimum requirements, we should be able to set our display options how we want them! This is not a horrible graphics card - not the best, but certainly not horrible! AND IT WORKED GREAT WITH PLAYER DETAIL AT HIGH!

It seems that there should be a way to disable this locked player detail operation. I don't know near enough about computers to do this. If it works the first time, it should keep working.

Has anybody had this problem and been able to fix it for a Radeon 9000+ card? Are there settings I could try to help? I don't have the newest drivers - would installing the most recent ATI drivers help? Any other tweaks I could try?

I've tried 3DAnylyze with no success on either card I've tried (Geforce mx 32 mb or Radeon 9250). Please help! I got a taste of the good life, and I WANT MORE OF IT!!! The game was sweet to play when the player details were high!

EA - you really need to address this soon! This is not an isolated problem with one type of card. It seems like a friggin bug. Fix it please, or you are going to lost more customers!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Now my computer meets the minimum requirements barely - 800mhz, 256RAM - but it does meet them. And - the game ran just great - smooth as silk (almost) when I had player detail set to HIGH and other stuff set high. C'mon EA, this REALLY needs to be addressed in a patch. If a computer meets the minimum requirements, we should be able to set our display options how we want them!

Wrong. Way wrong. Minimum requirements are standard speak for "You can run the game, but without any of the eye candy or nice graphical features." This is why they are minimum requirements - they are the minimum you need to run the game, not have it look perfect.

Recommended requirements, on the other hand, are the ones that the developer recommends so that you can have an enjoyable an experience as possible, and you can play the game they way it was designed to be played.

You're correct, but give us the choice! Give me the option at least to set my player detail to medium or high. I had the choice the first time I tried it with my new card. It worked great! I set player detail to high on my machine that meets the minimum requirements, and it ran smoothly and looked great! Taking this option away from me by graying out the player detail option is b.s. None of their other games do this, why MVP?!?!?!

You're correct, but give us the choice! Give me the option at least to set my player detail to medium or high. I had the choice the first time I tried it with my new card. It worked great! I set player detail to high on my machine that meets the minimum requirements, and it ran smoothly and looked great! Taking this option away from me by graying out the player detail option is b.s. None of their other games do this, why MVP?!?!?!

Exactly :!:

And using 3D Analyze 2.0 I now have palyer detail on high with absolutely NO slowdown and stuttering!

Here are my system specs:

Dell Inspiron 8100 Notebook with Intel® Pentium® III Processor 1GHz-M, 512 KB Cache, 133 MHz bus

Intel® 815ep AGPSet Chipset with 4X AGP

384MB SDRAM Memory(1- 256MB, 1-128MB 133 Mhz)

32MB DDR 4X AGP NVIDIA GeForce2 Goâ„¢Video Chip using modified NVIDIA 71.84 video driver for GeForce2 Go :p

ESS Technology Maestro-3i Audio Controller

15" SXGA, active-matrix color (TFT)

40GB Toshiba HD Ultra ATA-4 Hard Drive

8X Max Variable DVD-ROM Drive

Logitech Rumble 2 Action Gamepad USB

Direct X 9c

Windows XP SP2 Home Edition

3DAnalyze 2.0 doesn't work at all for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Nothing works.

I called EA Tech support 3 times today. They were helpful, but nothing they told me to do solved the problem either. They were all certain that the new card I installed - the Radeon 9250 was a good card and should definitely work.

They told me to make sure that there were no old graphics cards showing up that the game was trying to read. Told me to run dxdiag to see if there were any of these "ghost" cards showing. Sure enough, both of the old cards I took out were still showing up. I went into Device Manager in Safe Mode and removed them as they told me. Thought for sure this would work - NOPE! Took out the ATI TV adapter thing - that didn't work. Cleaned my registry of all old driver files. Completely uninstalled all the ATI files and drivers and tried to reinstall. Uninstalled MVP Baseball and reinstalled it like 3 times. Nothing worked.

I was able to get the player detail to be adjusted to High once - what the he** - why can't I do it now? Man, it's frustrating trying to figure this out. Why did it work the first time after I installed my new video card? Why did it have to tease me! :angry:

There has to be a way to disable whatever is telling the game to gray out the player detail. Somebody should be able to figure that out. Or, EA should tell us how to do this or give us a patch for it. Just weird they had to set it up so we can't adjust player detail. Just give us the option to at least try it out on our machine....

3DAnalyze 2.0 should work...just open the app and select the mvp2005.exe in the middle box on the right side, then below that is a run button you press. mine is a raedon 7500 and it works just fine, i don't even have to run 3DAnalyze 2.0 anymore i think it altered my exe.file, it doesn't run in the back ground but when i launch mvp it is, close it and 3DAnalyzeis gone, i have even deleted the 3DAnalyze folder unless i'm missing something it is really gone.

Yeah, 3DAnalyze doesn't work for me at all! It sure seems to work for everyone else though. I'm wondering if my computer is just too limited - 800mhz, 256mb RAM. What are the specs of your computer? I wonder if I'm doing anything wrong with 3Danalyze. Just never worked for me.

I just took my Radeon 9250 back and picked up a NVidia Geforce FX 5500 256mb card that was on sale. Put that bad boy in, and it STILL DOESN'T WORK!!!

Anybody have ANY ideas for me? I got to set the player details to high the first time I played the game with my new Radeon 9250 card, but then after that first time, never worked again. Wish it wouldn't have even worked that one time since now I got a taste and I want more! The EA tech guys I've called like 5 times now are also at a loss.

Could it just be my computer??? Any more advice would be GREATLY appreciate!

Thanks!

3DAnalyze uses ram to render graphics so i'd say your pc is too old, plus with that old of a pc i wouldn't even try 3DAnalyze, i have 256 ram and using 3DAnalyze it uses up to 230-240 close to crash but never does

I'm going to try to reformat my hard drive (have never done that since I've owned the computer) and add another 128mb of memory. Hopefully that will get me back to player detail being changeable. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

it's probably the pc. i run the same vid card 9250 and works fine w/ high detail. i run a p4 @2.8g and 1.5g of RAM. i don't understand exactly what the deal is with this years game though, i mean it looks a little bit nicer than 04, but it's not doom 3 or anything. you'd think if they were going to force some people to have to buy new vid cards to enjoy the game, that they would have resolved the stuttering issues. go figure...

Yeah, it does seem like a lot. Pretty dumb really 8O :roll: But, I got a taste that ONE TIME when I was able to play with player detail on high, it it was pretty dang fun. Not going to buy an xbox or ps2 because I don't really play a lot of games - only sports games - MVP, NBALive, Madden, High Heat - that's it. I use my computer for lots of other things, so reformatting the hard drive and adding memory will only help the other applications I use - no big deal. But, I could just buy a new computer - that would be a better answer - would like a new one anyways.....

Archived