Roster Update Question

matt6081245

Hi, I just came back to MVP mods for the first time since 2018 and I'm struggling with updating to the newest roster versions. I've followed the instructions with the files and deleted (with backup) the existing .dat files I have in the C:\Program Files (x86)\EA SPORTS\MVP Baseball 2005\data\database folder then extracted the new roster .dat files to that same folder. Problem is when I run the game it still loads up 2018 rosters for some reason?

I'm currently running MVP 2015 mod, so maybe I need to update to a newer mod to use the most recent roster files? Or is there another step I'm missing somewhere?

I have administrator rights to that folder I mentioned, and the files are definitely updating because they have new modified dates on them.

When you installed the MVP 2015 mod, did you install it on top of your default installation of the game or did you copy the game folder and install the 2015 mod on top of the copied version of the game?

When installing full season mods (like the 2015 mod or the Total Classics mods), most people create a copy of their default game folder and then install the mod on top of the copied version. 

If you did that, you need to find out where your modded 2015 version is and then delete the existing roster files and install the new ones in that copy of the game.