Roster Update (Version 2.1)

cdadare

First off I would like to say that this is an EXCELLENT site! After several searches on the web, this site was the only one I could find that stays current with MVP Baseball 2004. Since I was having problems with the most current Roster Update (I know, oh sigh) I decided instead of making an idiot of myself, I'd check the previous posts (all the way back to October), but I still couldn't find an answer, so PLEASE bear with me. The most current Roster Update is the one listed in my subject line. The problem is, that when I copy these files (DAT, .big, .mbe) into my MVPbaseball/data directory and start the game, it throws me back to my desktop. I've narrowed it down to the ROSTER DAT file. There are also files that weren't originally in there (schedule.big & roster.mbe). I'm obviously doing something wrong, what is it? Thanks.

Thanks for gett'in back with me guys. To answer Dluxe, I'm trying to update my rosters from EA's Roster Patch 4. I'm not sure which rosters you are asking me about when you say am I using 2004 or 2005.

To answer SwinginSoriano, no I didn't use MVPedit until a couple of hours ago. I used your Roster Update and extracted the epic.mbe file to my MVP BASEBALL 2004/data file. I wish you had a readme with your update for Un-educated Nitwits like me. Anyhow, besides having to uncheck READ ONLY in EVERY .DAT file, the files OVERWROTE fine. Now, back to the Roster Update ahead of yours. Have you used that one yet? SpanishFly already has the .DAT files copied in his download. Do I still need to extract the roster.mbe file? If your Roster Update is the same thing or BETTER, I won't even worry about his.

Many people have loved my roster, even though it was really screwed up until 2005 came out. (Curveballs broke the wrong way and such.) By opening day I will have yet another roster, though I still plan to keep the ST invites (even though most are released of course) in the minor leagues.

• 2 weeks later...

Many people have loved my roster, even though it was really screwed up until 2005 came out. (Curveballs broke the wrong way and such.) By opening day I will have yet another roster, though I still plan to keep the ST invites (even though most are released of course) in the minor leagues.

Hey SwinginSoriano, can these rosters be converted, so that I can use them in MVP 2005?

Archived