Longest Home Runs?

Guest Deznuts

Guest Deznuts

I play as the White Sox all the time against the computer because I live in Chicago and they are my favorite team. I usually get most of my homers from Magglio Ordonez or Carlos Lee. I hit a 560 foot shot with Magglio to left-center field at U.S. Cellular Field. Half an hour later I played as the Cubs and hit a 559 foot shot with Moises Alou to left-center field at Wrigley Field. I think it actually ricocheted off of one of the building across Waveland Avenue. ;) I usually get my longest homers off of extremely hard throwing pitchers like Kerry Wood, Randy Johnson, and Bartolo Colon because they supply all the power for the homer.

Just wondering what the longest homers you've hit have been. List the player you hit the homer with, the distance it travelled, and the pitcher you hit it off of (if you can remember).

Longest I can remember right now is 559. Hit some shots into the back of the visitor bullpen with Alfonso Soriano, and some into the glass at the TGI Friday's Front Row Grill at the back of the upper deck RF porch at the Ballpark in Arlington.

In a minor league game I hit one way out of the park and over the street and into the 2d "residential home area" cutouts.

Also knocked one out of Minute Maid Park over the stone wall and into the street during the all-star game, right down the LF line.

:(

Astros are also my favourite team.

I love how EA found that Brad Lidge's slider is so awesome that they couldn't bring themselves to put it in the game :

Oh, it should also be noted that the homer I hit was on rookie with +50 power/contact :D

My longest "Legit" one was 560, by the same player.

I've hit a few in the upper 500's in a AA park with a created player ("Max Powers" -yes his name was inspired by a simpsons episode) who has 99 power from both sides and no higher than 10 of any other attribute... sure he strikes out A LOT and is only useful as a DH, but man, when he does get ahold of one... and he's only 20 years old... will be interesting to see how and if he develops over the years.

Guest Deznuts

The lefty bug is gone with EA's Patch #2. Damn, what a horrible bug that was. You would nut what you think was a homer with a lefty batter, only to see the ball suddenly drop to shallow outfield. Before Patch #2, I hit one homer with a lefty. I hit the shortest, weakest *** right field homer with Jason Giambi in Yankee Stadium. It barely got out of the park.

I think the longest I've hit in the majors is like 568 with Sosa in Houston. I hit a couple like 570+ with Prince Fielder in the minors I think. All of those on All-Star level with RodData4(and the sliders suggested in the readme for that) and patch #2.

Archived