What's your favorite datafile to use?

GoChiefs

Right now I am using RodData 4 with the 2nd set of cam mods (from kamasutra's latest pre-game loader).

I am wondering what the difference between roddata 4 and the Level 3 datafile is. I think some of the roddata animations are a bit slow.

In addition to the differences, does anyone know the lines to edit to speed up some of the animations?

i like roddata3 with poons roster update. i had 4 noticed no difference but didn't like the zoomed out batter angle. maybe u can answer my question in my previous post (none else will). do u know the limit of mods u can install? i know for unis it's 9 but do shoe updates count? and also how many photo sets etc?

do u know the limit of mods u can install? i know for unis it's 9 but do shoe updates count?

Well, you can do shoe updates to each of the nine uniforms. You can't add a shoe to a non-exsisting jersey.

Right now I am using RodData 4 with the 2nd set of cam mods (from kamasutra's latest pre-game loader).

I am wondering what the difference between roddata 4 and the Level 3 datafile is. I think some of the roddata animations are a bit slow.

In addition to the differences, does anyone know the lines to edit to speed up some of the animations?

Good quetions.

differences: level 3 is tweaks applied from scratch, most of which are outlined in the "extended info" readme. You have a good list there.

RodData4 applied his tweaks from version 1 up to version 4.

you can also examine his readme which goes into great details (from his version 4 pack)

In the fields that are commonly moded in both level 3 & Rod4, level 3 tweaks are toned down compared to rod4 (example: topspin on ball).

But Ron has different values for all the tweaks than level3, the only thing that is exactly similar is infielder alignement, both 3 & rod4 has the same positions for infielders.

And some tweaks are not present in Rod4 that are in level3 and vice versa (example: pitcher effectviness, fielding delays).

Lastly, and perhaps more importantly, Ron's tweaks were developed over a long period time simulating games (he doesn't believe in what he describes as an arcade-type game).

Mine were similarly developped over a long period of time playing the game, and refined to achieve the same "realistic" results. Basicaly we have a different approach to the game.

For the animations, Ron & John have a current ongoing thread with what they're currently doing with animation HERE

Is there anywhere in the datafile to control the amount of foul pop-ups that stay in play?

This is my biggest complaint with all the datafiles I have used including the default.

Too many foul pops are staying in play for me and also the AI.

Was using RRod 3, but I'm trying Kam's now and like them (and the included sliders) a lot.

Thanks Pfunk.

Actualy I found out that quite a few (at least the ones that email me) are using the sliders I use. I did a re-tweak of the sliders. Nothing major at all, just bumped up user contact/power by 2 & 3 repectively to produce even less pop-up/flies, and decreased the CPU runner steal delay by 3 : I noticed I was catching the cpu stealing a little too much.

For those interested, these are sliders I used (mvp level) with level 3 of the mod

Just wondering, though, I didn't see Fielder Injury Frequency on there. Is that just kept at 0?

is there such a field? didn't see/notice one. Maybe I'm going blind lol.

I'll check again in the game.

i'm using roddata4 with kams cams and the sound mod on my xbox.

I love not hearing the stupid intro and outro music and the no call ball.

also love the swing replay being removed!

well it's great it works on xbox, see I didn't know that. I've had the same guy ask 4 times to mod the thing for xbox. Maybe you should talk to him :D

who was it?

this guy ram..something (ram09?) I think he's on this board as well as high-heat

ALl i know is I told him twice I don't know anything about xbox, but he still asks for a mod for it, something to be said for persistence....

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there is one. One or two other settings might have been absent from your sliders, too, can't quite remember. I just left those at 0.

Fielder Injury Freq. 7

CPU Steal Rate 0

now is fix on Kamasutra's site.. ^^

Archived